Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Screwing advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    When two different metals are put together it often results in an ionization process that speeds up The corrosion process. I keep a small can of black paint on hand and periodically put a coat on the screw heads with a Q-tip. However, if you are not going to reuse the long screws, why not take a hacksaw to them as has been suggested?
    Take your pick:

a) I am lazy
    b) I have more money than time.
    c) Don't have a hacksaw

I like the idea of the can of touch up paint, thanks I think I will take your advice on that one.

Am I the only one who initially thought this was in Relationships & Sexuality?

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    At first i thought this thread should be in the sexuality and relationship forum
    Ah! I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    , mcmasters has stainless screws with black oxide finish, just not in that size. Any suggestions on where I can find such things?

Here you could get them in black or gun metal aluminium, just choice your type of bolt and size.

Is this a case of misrepresentation?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Am I the only one who initially thought this was in Relationships & Sexuality?
    I was wondering why he thought we needed his advice and what type of equipment would be used.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Here you could get them in black or gun metal aluminium, just choice your type of bolt and size.
    I love Tasty Nuts. Best nuts on the web.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Take your pick:

a) I am lazy
    b) I have more money than time.
    c) Don't have a hacksaw

I like the idea of the can of touch up paint, thanks I think I will take your advice on that one.
    If that is the case, you have an alternative. Mail those screws to me along with a $20 bill and I will cut them to your specs!
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    So by my calculation a 1/4-28 x 2 inch bolt is an M6 x1 50mm in length. That sound right?

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    If that is the case, you have an alternative. Mail those screws to me along with a $20 bill and I will cut them to your specs!
    You are a cheap date 55.