Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: pressure/bed sore healing facility recommendation in nj??..

I posted the messages for Jerzy and here's his response:

that's blackmail hehe...i'm sorry, i can't really type for the next few weeks 'cause i have to totally stay on my right side which renders my typing thumb [left hand] unusable...i'm on 3 different antibiotics for the next month [oral not iv, the surgeon is a very good one and thinks i'll make it against the odds]....in 2 weeks evaluation of my status..the surgery was done beautifully even the nurse who changed the dressing today remarked so..originally was supposed to be one of many but surgeon determined to do all in one shot after meeting me and seeing the wound from inside...no guarantees of course but seems hopeful...my only stipulation was that i can't handle more than 5 days recovering at the hospital and need to get back home asap..he kept that part of bargain...i'll writeya more and on sci care cure forum once i can typpe.,.send hugs to the 'cheerleaders' there and i appreciate that they care, really...shit, this took me like an hour to type with my left thumb hehe..gotta go... };->

He went home Friday. I hope it's successful!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

was there osteo?
    Liza R. McCollum

I imagine so as he said they did the 'bone/flap' procedure. I'm assuming/hoping it wasn't in the joint if the surgeon decided to do everything at once.

Going to be out of touch for a while until he heals up some more.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

hello,

i'm sorry for not writing for a while and for this very short post but i'm still loungin' around in my rack on my right hip exclusively lest i screw up the staples/stitches on my left hip...had to shave my head bold too since showers are currently a seldom indulged luxury hehe...in a week or 2 i should be ok to lie down on my other side [thus freeing my typing thummb] and i'll write more about the whole procedure and will commit another long ass post here on it hehehe...for now, i'm still in a lot of pain but staying away from pain meds, feelin' crappy but fevers seemingly are on the decline so i'm hopeful...on the 25th i''m seeing the surgeon for post-op visit and will know much more...the bloody 18" tail growing out of my ass's left side gets in the way too [a drain tube with a rubber thingy at the end] but i think that the surgeon will take it out at our next appointment...
    still not sure what the surgeon did exactly, i think he scraped part of the bone and then did a nice flap procedure but haven't talked tto him since our one short meeting just after op...he's very busy and constantly in the op-room so getting hold of him is difficult...
    btw, i am very happy with the treatment and attitude of all physicians at the morristown hospital except for that first one whom i've seen at my 1st appointment there..and some on the nursing staff were completely ignorant with regards to quadriparesis hehe...but would definitely recommend that place for pressure sores/surgeries....
    ok, i can't type anymore, thank you all so much for caring and i'll make a full post here about the surgery/procedure from start to current status once i can type again...
    };->
    Last edited by juras; 07-14-2011 at 06:25 AM.
    wherever you go there you are...

well looky loo, what the cat dragged in!

Welcome back friend~ keep healing
    Liza R. McCollum

Take care...mend welll...sending thoughts and prayers.

Teena

Boo! How's it going? Hope the healing is going well and you're being compliant in staying off your left side!

Hope you're well...write when you can!
    Liza R. McCollum

good to hear from you! I have been wondering how you were doing. I am really surprised you have staples and JP drains still being that your surgery was over a month ago! WOW!

my best wishes to you!.......I am currently at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta recovering from a flap surgery as well. I have been here since July 20 and my schedule release date is August 22nd.....They have began my stretch to sit program and I will be able to finally get out of bed on August 15 for the first time so I know what you are going through.

keep in touch and let us know how you are doing when you can.