Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: pressure/bed sore healing facility recommendation in nj??..

Quote Originally Posted by mcco5543 View Post
    morresdown south jersey? or the other one?.....
    ah so...i see i've mistaken you for a guy hehe...ya finally included a signature/info...sorry liza for thinking ya were a dude...
    nah, it's morristown, not south joysie...up here, about 50 minutes drive away from me....still have to synchronize an appointment with my mom's time to drive me there...will know later today...made an appointment with that accupuncture dude though...next monday eve...

as far as beliefs, etc...i agree to disagree hehe....
    };->
    wherever you go there you are...

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    It's a start!
    i appreciate the restraint from nagging jenn...hehehe...
    };->

i do have a , somewhat strange, question to those who've gone through pressure sores...
    did [do] ya find that after a prolonged pressure was applied onto the wound - such as lying on it for example - you'd get a lowgrade fever within a few hours which could last up to a day or two?...
    if i forget myself and spend a few consecutive hours lying on my left hip [i was doing web searches for the surgery/treatment last evening/night], i inevitably will get a low grade fever [between 99.8 and over 100] and feel as if i've caught a flue...it never fails, then goes away after a day or 2 as long as i mostly remain off my left hip...
    i suppose that would hint at an ongoing infection, but i've experienced this for many months without fail, almost from the very beginning of my treatment...when no infection was even considered yet and the wound was much shallower....just wondering as it seems a bit weird to me hehe...

agreed on the agree to disagree then.

It's ok you didn't neccearily "mistake" me. I call everybody dude and "man" and I mean EVERYBODY. boys girls women, ,men, babies, dogs, cats, grandmas...seriously i call everyone dude..lol
    Liza R. McCollum

Quote Originally Posted by juras View Post
    i appreciate the restraint from nagging jenn...hehehe...
    };->
    I didn't even get the opportunity! lol

As far as your question, you have to stay off of it completely. We're talking cellular damage now when you lay on it ... I realize the body is made up of millions of cells but you're taking them out by the thousands laying on it .. I know it sucks but nothing will get better with pressure.

Wish you could have the IV by the end of the week ... it's the least and easiest thing that could be happening to prep the area for surgery. (They say 6 weeks but I think it's better to go double than that if you can afford/stand it). The fever is a result of the infection in the bone ... I had plenty of them ... it may have been present at the beginning of your treatment. I had it for almost half a year, we guessed, before it was diagnosed.

(I'm a total atheist so can't help you with that part of the discussion, lol).
    Last edited by lynnifer; 06-14-2011 at 01:44 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by mcco5543 View Post
    ....seriously i call everyone dude..lol
    hahaha....
    };->

I didn't even get the opportunity! lol.....Wish you could have the IV by the end of the week ... it's the least and easiest thing that could be happening to prep the area for surgery......The fever is a result of the infection in the bone....I had it for almost half a year, we guessed, before it was diagnosed.....(I'm a total atheist so can't help you with that part of the discussion, lol).
    good hehe...

i kinda dropped the ball as far as getting the appointment at morristown 'wound center'...'been taking sleeping pills for the past 4 days because the wound really started to hurt recently...those pills didn't really work for the 1st 2 days but the evening before yesterday, they kicked in and i've been sleeping constantly...can't remember the last time i slept over 8 hours straight...and the past 2 days it happened twice, plus another couple of hours in-between hehe....so i didn't call them yet to set up an appointment....am going to do so now....
    thanks for caring to both of yas - jenn and liza...

Really worried. Your body is fatigued from fighting a losing battle with infection (I slept a lot as well!).

Even an ER could put you on IV antibiotics if you told them you have a bone infection? Ask for a PICC line.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I agree with Jenn, juras.
    Really worried. Your body is fatigued from fighting a losing battle with infection (I slept a lot as well!).

Even an ER could put you on IV antibiotics if you told them you have a bone infection? Ask for a PICC line.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Really worried. Your body is fatigued from fighting a losing battle with infection (I slept a lot as well!).....Even an ER could put you on IV antibiotics if you told them you have a bone infection? Ask for a PICC line.
    well, they couldn't get me an appointment until monday, june 27th...so i took that one...plus, i have the previously scheduled one at englewood hospital, a week from now [next wednesday]....
    i think i'll hold off on that er administered picc line though jenn....i've got a busy weekend and a picc line will interfere....monday i have the 'quitting smoking' accupuncture/seminar session so i'll just wing it until wednesday when i'll see the surgeon...they'll likely start me on the antibiotic iv thing [if i decide to go with it hehe]...

ok, now i gotta make a bunch of calls which i haven't because of all that sleeping hehe....
    cheers.....
    };->