Thread: Opana tapering

Opana tapering

as you may be aware that my pain doctor and did a random UA which came back positive for THC. So I stopped smoking, I MISS MY MARIJUANA, so I decided to try to get off of my opana so I can continue to smoke. I'm currently on 10 mg of Opana ER 2x a day. My taper plan is this month is taking the 7.5 mg for a month to let my body and my mind get used to it, and then the next month go to 5 mg for a month, and then down to 5 mg at night for a couple of weeks, and then down to every other day until I'm off completely.

When I told the doctor about this, she kind of got offended at the fact that I wanted to get off the medication so I can continue to smoke marijuana. She told me since I'm doing that she could no longer be my doctor. Although she'll prescribed next month, and the six-week 5 mg taper. She told me that she didn't want me to go off and then have to come back to get back on it. I got the feeling that it was like she wanted to keep me on the medication, so they could continue to get the money.

What I'm wanting to know is if there are other people who have gotten off this drug, or OxyContin, oxymoronphone, or any other Oxy variant. I know that I'm taking a small does. So hopefully the withdrawals won't be too bad.

All input is appreciated.
    Cripp
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Just stop taking them and stay near a toilet. Its not that bad but opiate withdrawal will give you diarrhea

Of course they want to keep you on the narc's because then you have to visit them once a month, even if your not sick.

You need to move to a medical marijuana state.

I don't have any advice on tapering but I hope it goes good for you.
    c3/c4, injured 2007

I started 7.5mg thursday night and I'm feeling a little flushed but my pain levels seem to be ok.

I don't want to move from DFW to Colorado.
    C4 incomplete since 1985

It's been 2 weeks now, I was good until about day 6. Got real hot, then bad headaches since. This week has been pretty rough with headaches and non sleep, about 5-6 in 4 days. So I'm real angry and everything is getting to me.

I'm wondering if moving back to 5mg methadone for the final tapering from 7.5mg Opana to 5mg methadone because the methadone has such a long half-life and may ease the withdrawl symptoms. Pain wise I'm doing really well
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Your doing better than I would, hope you get thru it soon.
    c3/c4, injured 2007

Quote Originally Posted by crppled007 View Post
    It's been 2 weeks now, I was good until about day 6. Got real hot, then bad headaches since. This week has been pretty rough with headaches and non sleep, about 5-6 in 4 days. So I'm real angry and everything is getting to me.

I'm wondering if moving back to 5mg methadone for the final tapering from 7.5mg Opana to 5mg methadone because the methadone has such a long half-life and may ease the withdrawl symptoms. Pain wise I'm doing really well
    Your symptoms sound harsher than when I quit methadone cold turkey and I was taking 20mg of methadone a day. Maybe give it a shot, seems worth a try. Congrats on getting this far, I wimped out and went back on the opiates, just couldn't function with the pain.

I'm trying to hang in there, running kinda warm today. Feels like it's 90 degrees in my room (even though it's not). I used to be on methadone before opana, was having bad memory problems, but the half-life of methadone is lot longer so wouldn't it be easier to taper down off of it than the opana which is 8-12?
    C4 incomplete since 1985

easy for me to sat but, if you can, crank in some kindof serious exercise!!!!
    dont do the methadone,,, the tapering you are now doing may take longer than you think, just smoke pot and maybe a litle vodka to tipple!
    the more exercise you do and get no matter how repetitive will keep you busy and crank up some endorphins!