Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Into The Wild

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Into The Wild

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Has anyone here read the book Into the Wild? If so, would you mind taking a look at my essay?

Thanks!

WG

pg2: canals = canyons

Also there is alot he did in between Mexico and Alaska. Try to add a thing or two in between those events.

end of page 2, where you start the quote "I have lived... Use the " (quotes)

at the end of the next paragraph (about the flares) should read "...The way they were intended."
    -----------------
    Personally, I didn't think he was confused. But it's all in how a person reads the book.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliegirl2010 View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Has anyone here read the book Into the Wild? If so, would you mind taking a look at my essay?

Thanks!

WG
    I read the book and I also didn't view him as confused.

page 2 distance=distant

What was your reason for the essay? It will help to know what point you are trying to make because you only touched on a part of the book.

I will be glad to offer more
    Last edited by darkeyed_daisy; 06-09-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    I read the book and I also didn't view him as confused.

page 2 distance=distant

What was your reason for the essay? It will help to know what point you are trying to make because you only touched on a part of the book.

I will be glad to offer more

The point I am trying to make is that Chris goes from someone who thinks that he does not need society, or technology, or companionship to someone who realizes he needs these things for true happiness. (not so much the technolog, but if he had had the technology with him, like the two-way radio, he'd of had a way to call for help.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliegirl2010 View Post
    The point I am trying to make is that Chris goes from someone who thinks that he does not need society, or technology, or companionship to someone who realizes he needs these things for true happiness. (not so much the technolog, but if he had had the technology with him, like the two-way radio, he'd of had a way to call for help.
    Okay makes sense. I enjoyed the book. Even the flares I think may have changed the outcome or maybe not.

good luck with your paper
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

"He goes out into the woods with nothing more than a bag of rice, some cheap leather hiking boots, a .22 caliber gun, and a small bore with him."

He also had books, a sleeping bag, and a journal. It's not in the book, but he actually did have a map, identification, and some money with him as well.

No mention of Alexander Supertramp or Wayne Westerberg? I'm from a small town in South Dakota and know Wayne (played by Vince Vaughn in the movie). Wayne still calls him Alex, and has invited me out to his house this summer to read all of Alex's original journals.

It's been a while since I read the book, but I thought your essay was good.

Thanks all! I really want to do well on this but I'm not very good at essays

I really enjoy non fiction. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I really enjoy non fiction. Any other suggestions?

I really liked the biography about Ryan White.