Thread: Geron Presents Data From GRNOPC1 Trial at International Conferences on Spinal Cord Me

Geron Presents Data From GRNOPC1 Trial at International Conferences on Spinal Cord Me

Geron Presents Data From GRNOPC1 Trial at International Conferences on Spinal Cord Medicine and Rehabilitation

MENLO PARK, Calif., June 7, 2011 - Geron Corporation (Nasdaq: GERN) today announced two presentations on the company's ongoing Phase 1 clinical trial of the human embryonic stem cell-based therapy, GRNOPC1, in patients with spinal cord injury. Data on the first two patients were presented at the 2011 International Conference on Spinal Cord Medicine and Rehabilitation in Washington, D.C. A second presentation was given at the 2011 Spine Symposium, which was held as part of The American Spinal Injury Association (ASIA) Annual Scientific Meeting. The presentations were given by Edward Wirth, III, M.D., Ph.D., Geron's Medical Director for Cell Therapies and Linda Jones, P.T., M.S., Geron's Senior Clinical Trials Manager for GRNOPC1.

"We are pleased to report a very good safety profile of GRNOPC1 to date, with no serious adverse events," said Dr. Wirth. "Currently, we have two patients in the trial. We anticipate increased enrollment going forward as we open our additional clinical sites and following FDA approval to expand our inclusion criteria to patients with injuries resulting in a neurological level of T11, which represents a substantial percentage of thoracic injuries, and to reduce the stagger between patients from 30 days to 10 days."

read...

http://geron.com/media/pressview.aspx?id=1271

One small step for future SCI people, one giant leap for current SCI people! Keep moving forward....

don't you mean: "one small step for current SCI people, one giant leap for future SCI people "?....
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

That's what I wrote the first time & changed it. LOL

great news
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."