Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh what a feeling.........

Oh what a feeling.........

During the whole divorce process, I totally stopped exercising......ate and drank like a pig. I had no energy, strength and frankly felt like shit, all the time. Couldn't wake up in the mornings, didn't want to wake up in the mornings, etc.

Monday, I ate right, drank almost a gallon of water and worked out for 45 minutes. Woke up Tuesday morning, felt like a new person. Did the same thing Tuesday and again, woke up this morning feeling like a new person. THIS HAPPENS everytime I get into a workout, better living routine. Why did I quit? Because I just got lazy and was depressed, etc. Now I have ton's of energy, I feel stronger after 2 days and I have a clearer mind.

I'm now 41 years old, have done this diet/workout yo yo thing most of my life and I'm always successful, but end up hosing things up at some point and stopping. My goal now is to NEVER stop this and keep this way of life for myself and my daughter.

If you're feeling down, tired, weak all the time, do 'whatever' you're able to do to get your body going and I'll guarantee you that you will feel better. You don't have to be Superman, do what your body allows you and go from there. You know your body better than anyone and when/if you're able to do more, you'll know.

I hope this helps some people that feel like I did and they do some sort of exercise today and continue and it makes a difference in their lives. Exercise REALLY does make you feel better and most of my shoulder and back pain, has subsided probably close to 50%.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

yeah, it is as easy as lather rinse repeat and hard as lather rinse repeat

There's a lot to be said for the research behind it taking 21 days to form a habit or routine as well. It's good to hear that things are looking up and that you're taking charge of your life again.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    yeah, it is as easy as lather rinse repeat and hard as lather rinse repeat

There's a lot to be said for the research behind it taking 21 days to form a habit or routine as well. It's good to hear that things are looking up and that you're taking charge of your life again.
    Thank you! I haven't been this happy in a very long time and YES I do feel like I'm in charge and I can make myself happy alone if need be!
    Larry
    ------

I second the exercise.
    When I'm down exercise help a lot.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Good to hear Larry....drinking usually compounds problems but its good to escape especially what you went through.

Good luck
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

main thing is to stay active, the more active you are, the better your rest at night
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Larry, So glad you've found what keeps you going. Your health is important and proud of you. I find when I do things I feel a sense of accomplishment even if it's just working out a little bit. I'm going to try harder to get moving. I find since I turned 50 it's harder to lose weight or find energy but know I can get stronger. Thanks for sharing such a positive report. I miss your lovely displays of food. Cheryl

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    Good to hear Larry....drinking usually compounds problems but its good to escape especially what you went through.

Good luck
    I agree, but don't really think that comment was necessary. How would you know how much I do or don't drink? I wasn't escaping from a thing, I was just being me and got lazy.
    Larry
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    During the whole divorce process, I totally stopped exercising......ate and drank like a pig. I had no energy, strength and frankly felt like shit, all the time. Couldn't wake up in the mornings, didn't want to wake up in the mornings, etc.

Monday, I ate right, drank almost a gallon of water and worked out for 45 minutes. Woke up Tuesday morning, felt like a new person. Did the same thing Tuesday and again, woke up this morning feeling like a new person. THIS HAPPENS everytime I get into a workout, better living routine. Why did I quit? Because I just got lazy and was depressed, etc. Now I have ton's of energy, I feel stronger after 2 days and I have a clearer mind.

I'm now 41 years old, have done this diet/workout yo yo thing most of my life and I'm always successful, but end up hosing things up at some point and stopping. My goal now is to NEVER stop this and keep this way of life for myself and my daughter.

If you're feeling down, tired, weak all the time, do 'whatever' you're able to do to get your body going and I'll guarantee you that you will feel better. You don't have to be Superman, do what your body allows you and go from there. You know your body better than anyone and when/if you're able to do more, you'll know.

I hope this helps some people that feel like I did and they do some sort of exercise today and continue and it makes a difference in their lives. Exercise REALLY does make you feel better and most of my shoulder and back pain, has subsided probably close to 50%.
    I Don't know how much you drink, drank, or drunk but YOU compared yourself to a pig...I didn't... a pig can put away alot of liquid!

Okay so you didn't drink alcohol to escape ...you just drank to be drunk or to be you...is that better?

So now lets show your true colors here again.

Go ahead jump!!!!

I just said Good luck is all.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Larry, glad to know you are feeling better and back to a healthy program. Still, you have to keep supplying us with all those delish recipies!