Thread: Dr. Wise

Dr. Wise

Dr. Wise i have a question, and it may have already been anwsered and if so sorry. My question is if your thearpy returns function will we have to all go to one place for the treatment or will you give certain hospitals the rights to give the treatment. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Dr. Wise i have a question, and it may have already been anwsered and if so sorry. My question is if your thearpy returns function will we have to all go to one place for the treatment or will you give certain hospitals the rights to give the treatment. Thanks
    LHB,

Is your question referring to umbilical cord blood and lithium therapy? If our trials show that the therapy works and it is approved by the appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. sFDA in China, FDA in US, EMA in Europe, etc.), the treatment should become available at all hospitals who choose to apply the therapy.

At the present, we have 24 centers in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Eight centers in the United States, 3 centers in Norway, and 6 centers in India have expressed interest in participating in our trials. It is likely that the centers that participate in our trials will have the most interest and most experience providing the therapy, once it is approved.

I have no control over who can use the therapy. That is regulated by the appropriate authorities in each country. I am working with Stemcyte, the company that is donating the cord blood cells for our trials, but receive no reimbursement for any advice or consultation that I give them. Stemcyte will probably be the main but probably not the only company or cord blood bank providing cells for the therapy. Lithium is of course widely available.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 06-06-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Yes sir i was referring to that and thank you for anwsering my question.

would I be able to take lithium in small doses? I have what they are calling autoimune hepatitis. I was taking 300mg a day of lithium carbonate for several years. I took it for ptsd, as a mood stabelizer. I was taking it when I was injured, and soon after began to get high liver enzymes. aftet it was discontinued, the burn and loss of feeling began, so I wondered if my cauda equina is related to the discontinuation of lithium. I got swelling in the cord and began taking steroids for that, but it didnt happen right after my accident, but gradually.