Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pan Seared Wahoo

Pan Seared Wahoo

It was just me last night, Cat's with her mother. Picked up a 1lb wahoo filet and a 6 pack of New Castle Summer Ale. Spent most of the afternoon doing absolutely nothing, relaxing in the back yard enjoying a few beers, stogie and tossing the ball to Otis.

Wahoo Filet

Seasoned with Old Bay Garlic and Herb Seafood Seasoning.

Couple tablespoons of butter.

Meat side down for 5 minutes.

Skin side down for 5 minutes.

Served on a bed of pico de gallo and drizzled with Sriracha sauce for a little kick. Very good dinner!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Awesome!
    Andrew

Dayyum, it's good to have you back! Wahoo is awesome and your pics are mouth-watering.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Dayyum, it's good to have you back! Wahoo is awesome and your pics are mouth-watering.
    Thanks Robin.......I camped with a buddy of yours that assists on your hunting trips a couple weeks ago at the 'Headsuckin' (Crawfish people). I do not recall his name, but a nice guy. I told him to tell you hi if he saw you and to bring you with him the next 'Headsuckin' event.
    Larry
    ------

Looks great. Wahoo is one of my favorite types of fish but I have not seeen it since I left CA.

Does it have another name?
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I'm Yahoo for Wahoo! Fun to catch, fun to eat!
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    Looks great. Wahoo is one of my favorite types of fish but I have not seeen it since I left CA.

Does it have another name?
    Not that I know of.....if you can find king or spanish mackeral, they will make a good substitution.
    Larry
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    Thanks Robin.......I camped with a buddy of yours that assists on your hunting trips a couple weeks ago at the 'Headsuckin' (Crawfish people). I do not recall his name, but a nice guy. I told him to tell you hi if he saw you and to bring you with him the next 'Headsuckin' event.
    Don't believe anything those guys might tell you about me!

Now a crawdad party sounds fun...and delicious.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Don't believe anything those guys might tell you about me!

Now a crawdad party sounds fun...and delicious.
    We had our crawfish festival in April. The bar/eatery that sponsored it got five tons from Louisiana. None left. Total menu = crawfish + beer.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Hey wolfie, how are ya. Old Bay is def. the way to go with seafood, it's great in clam chowder too. I've been outta commission, had a three way bypass and am on the mend, I'll just look at the cooking for now, will get into it later this month.