Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: side opening oven?

gjni, I'm a little confused about the mieleusa. Looks as if it's just a door which opens up out of the way to hide appliances behind, not the actual oven (which opens down). This way one can have the doors match each other, sorta. Right? I'm thinking the closest thing, so far, looks to be the Gaggenau. Thanks for chiming in here too, mica. It's actually narrower than my opening and just a tiny bit taller. I'm thinking the Frigidaire is something like 30" tall! I've gotten used to only being able to get my turkey in mine since my injury also, JenJen. Think the Frigidaire might be cheaper though. Could make my drawer more shallow. I just love my JennAire so................

p.s. WC Sage, just saw this. That looks promising, except for being in Australia. But the size appears to be good. I'll check further. Thanks!
    Last edited by Lynne; 06-07-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    gjni, I'm a little confused about the mieleusa. Looks as if it's just a door which opens up out of the way to hide appliances behind, not the actual oven (which opens down). This way one can have the doors match each other, sorta. Right? I'm thinking the closest thing, so far, looks to be the Gaggenau. Thanks for chiming in here too, mica. It's actually narrower than my opening and just a tiny bit taller. I'm thinking the Frigidaire is something like 30" tall! I've gotten used to only being able to get my turkey in mine since my injury also, JenJen. Think the Frigidaire might be cheaper though. Could make my drawer more shallow. I just love my JennAire so................

p.s. WC Sage, just saw this. That looks promising, except for being in Australia. But the size appears to be good. I'll check further. Thanks!
    Sorry Lynne. I guess I got ahead of myself when I finally found what I thought was the oven I had seen from Miele a few years ago. They actually did have an oven that had a lift up door feature, but on second look, this isn't it. They must have discontinued that model.
    All the best,
    GJ

Fagor makes a 24-Inch Right Side and a Left Side Opening Built-In Convection Oven in Stainless Steel/Black. Amazon price $999.00.

LINK

Thanks tprewitt! I am actually still looking and this looks very promising.

We purchased an American Range French door oven 3 years ago, and had nothing but trouble with it, due to fit and finish (manufacturing issues) and very poor customer service from the manufacturer. Finally, we replaced it with a Bosch Benchmark series side opening wall oven, and it's been great. I use the oven heavily (we bake all our own bread, among other things). I do have room to open it more than 90 degrees, and I agree that that's critical.