Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Paraplegic move legs after stem cell procedure- Brazilian Center of Cell Theraphy

well. I am hoping. But there is an old saying. " we live in hope and die in despair. "

Every area of trouble gives out a ray of hope; and the one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable.

The status on this particular trial has changed from recruiting to active but not recruiting. They've evidentally had a huge amount of interest in this trial with 1,500 people but only room for 20 to start their Phase 1 safety. I hope everything continues to go well with it! unite2fightparalysis.org/clinicaltrials
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 10-27-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Does anyone know if this type of therapy is thought to help non-traumatic spinal cord injuries such as spinal cord stoke? I am very confused on how current trials might help some like myself, so if anyone has any insight, I would love the hear it.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Interview with Dr Marcus Vinicius (video in the bottom of the page)

http://g1.globo.com/bahia/noticia/20...aign=sharethis

01) This phase involves 20 patients.
    02) So far 5 patients underwent the procedure.
    03) He expect that all 20 patients will be operated until the end of the first half of 2012.
    04) when talking about the rapid improvement of the patient, he says that animal tests already showed this. In animals the improvements occurred in 2 to 3 weeks.
    05) he says that other patients also had a rapid evolution.
    06) After completed this phase, they will be testing on a larger number of patients.
    07) the queue of people interested in participating in the study is something around 1500 people.
    08) in the first group operated there has been no problem. Patients left the hospital 48 hours after the procedure.
    09) Only after all 20 patients have been operate, they will be able to say that the technique is safe.
    10) Similar tests, but with other types of cells and different techniques, are being tested to treat strokes by another team at another hospital.
    11) he believes that these techniques under developing may be being used to treat patients in 5 or 10 years.
    12) all 5 patients treated so far showed some improvement, but in varying degrees. Some showed improvement in sensitivity, others in sfincters and motor abilities.
    13) they want to discover why a patient have better results than others.
    14) He finalizes alerting people to be patience and not to undergo unproven treatments.
    Marcus, thank you so much for this update. Keep the information coming, we are so very hopeful!

I understand their Phase 2 will have approximately 60 people if all goes well.

can anyone contact the guy and get him on here? call newspaper? get a message to him?

If this therapy does something great in phase2 trial then within how much time we can get this treatment? I hope phase2 and phase3 do not take much time.

jhope, I will see if I can invite him to join us here.

Marcus good idea.

It looks foreigners may not be able to join phase2 trial at least because of huge interested patients. May be wait for phase3 or in case of success in phase2 then may be some one else do this same anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Marcus good idea.

It looks foreigners may not be able to join phase2 trial at least because of huge interested patients. May be wait for phase3 or in case of success in phase2 then may be some one else do this same anywhere
    i was more hoping wise young could get involved and start some trials in china, usa, and others.