Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Paraplegic move legs after stem cell procedure- Brazilian Center of Cell Theraphy

Good question for Wise Christopher Paddon.

The news tell about only one patient so, maybe this the reason why we will need to wait more 6 months, as was told me by email, to know what will happen after they test in more 19 patients.

i think the reason why the news is focusing on this guy is because he was a MP in brazil and 9 years out. it makes the story that much better than a construction worker thats only been paralyzed for 1 year.
    atleast thats what i hope the reason is.
    this is huge. big confidence and hope booster.

Thank u Marcus.

Yes u r right barrington. We have some good hopes in these trials.

Hope it will work for my bladder bowel and sexual function recovery due to compression fracture at L1 since i can walk very easily like normal person. I have all eyes in this trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Thank u Marcus.

Yes u r right barrington. We have some good hopes in these trials.

Hope it will work for my bladder bowel and sexual function recovery due to compression fracture at L1 since i can walk very easily like normal person. I have all eyes in this trial.
    you are lucky you can walk like that! that is my dream

You are right christopher but how can i live without my problems also?

If this therapy works in lumbar patients then i can hope for my recovery.

Let us see and pray for all dear

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    Wise, are you able to evaluate what's going on there? Can you contact them and see if they're getting recovery in a number of patients? It could be really something or another big let down...........Thank you
    One guy, limited details, primary measure of success is better sphincter control...no way this isn't the cure we've been seeking for so long

Marcus can u provide me email address of the Neurosurgeon doing surgery in this trial?

Interview with Dr Marcus Vinicius (video in the bottom of the page)

http://g1.globo.com/bahia/noticia/20...aign=sharethis

01) This phase involves 20 patients.
    02) So far 5 patients underwent the procedure.
    03) He expect that all 20 patients will be operated until the end of the first half of 2012.
    04) when talking about the rapid improvement of the patient, he says that animal tests already showed this. In animals the improvements occurred in 2 to 3 weeks.
    05) he says that other patients also had a rapid evolution.
    06) After completed this phase, they will be testing on a larger number of patients.
    07) the queue of people interested in participating in the study is something around 1500 people.
    08) in the first group operated there has been no problem. Patients left the hospital 48 hours after the procedure.
    09) Only after all 20 patients have been operate, they will be able to say that the technique is safe.
    10) Similar tests, but with other types of cells and different techniques, are being tested to treat strokes by another team at another hospital.
    11) he believes that these techniques under developing may be being used to treat patients in 5 or 10 years.
    12) all 5 patients treated so far showed some improvement, but in varying degrees. Some showed improvement in sensitivity, others in sfincters and motor abilities.
    13) they want to discover why a patient have better results than others.
    14) He finalizes alerting people to be patience and not to undergo unproven treatments.

Thank u Marcus for the interview of Neurosurgeon.

I guess we can better get some idea about the success of the treatment when they will be doing phase 2 trial.

They will be doing something more in phase2 and phase3 i m sure.

Still we have to wait for some time unfortunately.