Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Paraplegic move legs after stem cell procedure- Brazilian Center of Cell Theraphy

Can any one get the info that how many lumbar spinal injury patients have been enrolled to treat with this procedure in this phase1 study?

If all lumbar patients get some recovery then this is sure breakthrough for lower injuries i guess. Some one keep updated if can.

This was in the article above.
    Interested applicants can send an email to the researchers (ticiana@cbtc-hsr.org).

They only take Brazilian citizens. Trust me, I've checked. What I find interesting in the article, is that they state "scar tissue" is surgically removed. I believe Dr. Young stated at one point that removing "scar tissue" from the spine is of no benefit. I wonder if they saw that it made a difference when they were still working on animal models.

No news from Brazil. I guess not many brazil members here to share something with us about this ongoing trial.

Is any one from CC in contact with doctors at Sao Rafael hospital to get updates about their trial?

Since the last time, I have not heard any news about this clinic trial. But I will contact them to see if they have any news.

Thank you marcus.

You are only one to keep us updated about this trial.

are they saying the cells were transplanted in april of 2011? and that article is from june? so in 2 months a paraplegic that has been a complete injury for 9 years is able to move his legs already?

Barrington we have no news from Brazil about this trial. Only Marcus is from Brazil so just waiting when he gives some news. I just hope they are very true and give some good results.

I already sent a message last week asking about news. But until now no response. I will send another email today.

I received the answer from the research team and was told me that they will delivery more partial details about current clinic trial only in 6 months (counting from now).