Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Paraplegic move legs after stem cell procedure- Brazilian Center of Cell Theraphy

Quote Originally Posted by sam i am View Post
    thanks marcus..
    did they start phase 2 yet?
    how serious are they?
    I will send an email to them to ask when they will start phase 2.

Regard how serious they are what I can tell you is that the research is supported by a big health public institution responsable by production of drugs, vaccines, medical research in fields like tropical diseases, etc. So, I think this issue is not a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    I will send an email to them to ask when they will start phase 2.

Regard how serious they are what I can tell you is that the research is supported by a big health public institution responsable by production of drugs, vaccines, medical research in fields like tropical diseases, etc. So, I think this issue is not a concern.
    If this is a Phase I trial though (even listed on clinicaltrials.gov if I remember correctly) shouldn't there be some more comprehensive reporting of the results? Can you ask them this in the email? Don't get me wrong, any information is good but I think more information is warranted, rather than just a news story...

Quote Originally Posted by sam i am View Post
    how serious are they?
    Read post #12
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by ay2012 View Post
    If this is a Phase I trial though (even listed on clinicaltrials.gov if I remember correctly) shouldn't there be some more comprehensive reporting of the results? Can you ask them this in the email? Don't get me wrong, any information is good but I think more information is warranted, rather than just a news story...
    If after the first phase of the research is routine researchers produce and publish a report with the results, even partial, of course they have a responsibility to do the same. So, I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ay2012 View Post
    Well I would say what we have heard about the trial Wise is invovled in is just "news" from Wise. No official reports or results yet.

Any updates on this?

This is what they told me weeks ago.

"Yes, we have finished the first study, the results will be announced by middle of the year. We do not know whether there will have indeed a second phase, and, if so, when will start, and how many patients could be included."

"Yes, we have finished the first study, the results will be announced by middle of the year. We do not know whether there will have indeed a second phase, and, if so, when will start, and how many patients could be included."
    The sad thing in this case is the following...when everyone around the world starting trials and dont finish them,the treatments in sci staying exactly at the point where we are right now. It will only be an experimet or you take the risk and participate in a trial. A "general" treatment will never be exist when they are going on like this!

Is it to be taken as bad news that they are not sure if they are going to do a phase 2?
    Doesn't that mean anything negative?

What does it mean?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Is it to be taken as bad news that they are not sure if they are going to do a phase 2?
    Doesn't that mean anything negative?

What does it mean?
    It could mean many things. Money, safety, feasibility. Bummer that it got so hyped up at the beginning and now this.