Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Paraplegic move legs after stem cell procedure- Brazilian Center of Cell Theraphy

the news from the second article posted by Arcy is more detailed and even more positive. the police man now have bladder and bowel control what he says is huge for him. and he can exercise by himself in a bike. seems that the muscle atrophy is preventing him to have more mobility so they are working on strengthing the muscles.

I recently met with the Provost of the University of Sao Paulo. This is the biggest and most prestigious university in Brazil. He tells me that they are very serious of both stem cell research and spinal cord injury. We will be working with them in the coming months and years.

The Brazilians were amongst the first in the world to do autologous bone marrow cell transplants for spinal cord injury over ten years ago. They also have a huge number of spinal cord injuries in Brazil both from traffic accidents and gunshot wounds.

I believe that Brazil will be an important player in the regenerative medicine field in the coming years, particularly since its economy has now stabilized that the influx of oil revenues to allowing the country to invest in medicine and science as never before in its history.

Wise.

Nice to hear from you dear Wise.

Well what u think these mesenchymal cells can cure lumbar injuries as this patient with L1 has recovered so much including bladder bowel?

Although it is first phase of trial but looks very encouraging for lower injuries.

Can this cure my bladder bowel and sexual function if i undergo trials Dr Young?

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Nice to hear from you dear Wise.

Well what u think these mesenchymal cells can cure lumbar injuries as this patient with L1 has recovered so much including bladder bowel?

Although it is first phase of trial but looks very encouraging for lower injuries.

Can this cure my bladder bowel and sexual function if i undergo trials Dr Young?
    what of higher injuried like c5-c6 and alike?

sex sounds good nearly forgot what that was

Any news from Brazil?

Some one from brazil can find out more about the trial going on. How much patients have been treated yet?

Good news indeed if only it could be replicated

i think by now the evidence from such procedures should at least show which type of cells be it autologous, embryonic neuro fetal ect and implantation procedures show the most promise for spinal cord regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    I recently met with the Provost of the University of Sao Paulo. This is the biggest and most prestigious university in Brazil. He tells me that they are very serious of both stem cell research and spinal cord injury. We will be working with them in the coming months and years.

The Brazilians were amongst the first in the world to do autologous bone marrow cell transplants for spinal cord injury over ten years ago. They also have a huge number of spinal cord injuries in Brazil both from traffic accidents and gunshot wounds.

I believe that Brazil will be an important player in the regenerative medicine field in the coming years, particularly since its economy has now stabilized that the influx of oil revenues to allowing the country to invest in medicine and science as never before in its history.

Wise.
    Wise, Would SCIChina potentially be helping them with Phase 3 since they have already started their trial? Or would their results just be used as a comparison against the UCB/Lithium treatment?
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 07-06-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Would SCIChina potentially be helping them with Phase 3 since they have already started their trial?

one dose wonder how many phase will there beeeee roll on 2013 then we will know i just hope there is no more after that
    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Quote Originally Posted by skeaman View Post
    one dose wonder how many phase will there beeeee roll on 2013 then we will know i just hope there is no more after that
    Phase 1 & 2 are generally considered safety phases which they are currently working on. Lets hope there IS more after that. They would definately want a Phase 3 to start showing their scores and return of function to be considered a legit therapy.

kickingber
    would somebody please tell me what the artical says? Thanks