Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Paraplegic move legs after stem cell procedure- Brazilian Center of Cell Theraphy

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    Don't get me wrong i'm still in my prime but that is the last thing i would want back, Being able to get access without a chair is number one, bladder and bowel my number two. the 24hr pain number three. if i would get all these back you'd probable you know what i'd say next.

Just wondering... for informations sake
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

This is the translation for the link above

http://g1.globo.com/bahia/noticia/20...-na-bahia.html

Transplantation of bone marrow stem cell held last April 14 in Salvador, brings results that motivate doctors. A military police officer for 47 years, who declined to be identified, a paraplegic after an accident and spent the last nine years in a wheelchair. After undergoing treatment, he returned to move the legs.

The police was not making any movement from the waist down. He also had improvement in muscle that controls the flow of urine and feces and no longer need diapers and other equipment. The hope of returning to a normal life has never been greater.

"Before I had a trunk that was alive and legs that did not respond. Now I realize that they are alive, belong to me and depends on me for what they agree, "he says.

Now the police can already move your knees up, a feat for anyone who has the muscles atrophied from disuse. Another shows the impressive recovery of leg strength is an exercise, which still requires balance. For the physiotherapy team on the most amazing recovery of the patient is that he is pedaling.

For a patient to undergo a stem cell transplant, a search was made for five years before being used in humans, the technique has shown good results in animals.

In the treatment, doctors use mesenchymal stem cells, which have greater capacity to develop into various tissue types. They are taken from the hip bone of the patient and injected directly into the place where the column was reached. The pioneering technique was developed by scientists at the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation and the Hospital San Rafael, which is one of the most modern cell therapy centers in the country. Researchers are amazed by the rapid evolution of the patient.

"Basically in a week he began to have clinical outcomes, an improvement in sensitivity, an improved sitting posture and this patient has been evolving," says Marcus Vinicius Mendonca, a neurosurgeon.
    But doctors believe early to say whether he and 19 other people with the same problem will also receive stem cells go back to walking normally Ricardo Ribeiro, coordinator of the program.

This patient may have still other improvements and other improvements may be larger or the same or worse. So we have to wait. "

For while the police are excited by early results and make plans. "I always liked the beach, go to the beach, be able to take a swim without anyone hold you, right? Could go to a stadium, I always liked football, to play a football, go shopping, do what I always did, "wait.

another link showing the man walking with help of walker.

http://www.alagoasnoticias.com.br/si...id=3:newsflash

Marcus can u arrange email address of the Neurosurgeon Marcus for me?

Plz send me at muradjawaid@yahoo.com

Also if u can give me email address of the researcher whom with ur in contact.

I just want consultation about my lumbar injury and its possibility of cure in near future.

this needs more exposure. i just cant stop thinking about the fact that someone that has been a complete injury for 9 years is walking with a walker after 6 months of a phase 1 treatment! amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    this needs more exposure. i just cant stop thinking about the fact that someone that has been a complete injury for 9 years is walking with a walker after 6 months of a phase 1 treatment! amazing.
    Same here, I wonder why this isn't getting more exposure, if it is indeed accurate
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

this is the best human recovery so far, isn't it? I can't think of anyone else

I believe they're doing a Phase 1 safety ... WAY too premature for hawking a cure for paralysis.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 11-22-2011 at 12:59 AM.

This trial is genuine hope in near future. Let us pray they start phase2 soon and bring some great results soon.

phase 1 safety very rarely results in return of bladder and bowel and leg muscles - or am I wrong?