Thread: window 7 ultimate 64-bit and Dragon

window 7 ultimate 64-bit and Dragon

is anyone running Dragon on Windows 7 64-bit? I am running windows 7 64-bit with Dragon naturally speaking 10.10 and I was wondering if anyone else is having a problem of it being slow when backspacing. Like one by one character at a time instead of real fast backspacing 20 characters for example just like I used to have when I was running in 32 bit. I am running a 2.4 quad core with 8 GB of RAM.

I'm running version 11 on my Dell laptop. I don't have any problem backspacing but once in a while I have to restart my browser because I believe my memory is getting full. I'm running Windows 7 premium. Good luck getting it figured out
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

thanks, hopefully others have some similar experience and will let me know what to do.
    Last edited by tekniko; 06-02-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tekniko View Post
    is anyone running Dragon on Windows 7 64-bit? I am running windows 7 64-bit with Dragon naturally speaking 10.10 and I was wondering if anyone else is having a problem of it being slow when backspacing. Like one by one character at a time instead of real fast backspacing 20 characters for example just like I used to have when I was running in 32 bit. I am running a 2.4 quad core with 8 GB of RAM.
    Hi Tekniko,

I don't use Dragon, but I do use Windows 7 Ultimate with a 64 bit system. If you cannot resolve your problem, you can download a virtual Windows XP. It is free (for Ultimate users) and works pretty good. It is a registered (to you) copy and you can do all your updates with it also (for XP). You can reinstall your Dragon program and run it out of Windows XP virtual.

Good luck.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Millard, great tip about Windows XP Mode. I am using XP Mode on Windows 7 Professional Edition. However, at times I find it to be as slow as molasses. I am using an Intel Quad Core with 4 GB of RAM. It is definitely worth downloading if you have Windows 7 Ultimate Edition. I'm not sure how well it will work with DNS 10. XP Mode is a must have if you are using legacy programs that will not work with Windows 7.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I am currently running Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 pro on Windows 7 64-bit but I used to run Dragon 10.1 on Windows 7 64-bit without issues, well without issues would be a lie but as good as the program can run. I would create a new profile and see if the problem still exists, that way you can eliminate a corrupted user profile. Just my two cents worth.

I'm running Dragon version 10.10.000.078. I don't know if their are any glaring differences between the version I have an the version you have, but I'm running it on Windows 7 64-bit with only 4 GB of RAM. I would suggest the following:
    -Go into msconfig (click the start button, type "msconfig" into the search bar, hit enter.
    -Choose the startup tab at the top.
    -Uncheck any of the boxes for the programs you do not need when your computer starts up.
    -Click apply.
    -Restart your computer

This will prevent any unnecessary programs from starting up when you turn your computer on and allow you to optimize your computers performance. (I routinely have Mozilla open with at least five tabs, iTunes, VLC media player, and at least two windows folders and never have a problem.) If you're worried about unchecking a box that you may need Google the file name first, or send me a PM and I'll gladly help you out.

Now I have a question. Does anybody know how to turn off the option in Dragon that will allow me to say something on the screen, and bring up the green number boxes that will allow me to choose to click on the screen? (I attached a picture below.)

I want to get rid of those stupid green boxes. They have become the bane of my existence. Hopefully somebody knows how to do that here...

Blog Entries

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by tekniko View Post
    I've had similar issues when I used DNS and thought that I was the only one. Once I upgraded to version 11 I didnt have anymore issues with the software.