Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help please!

He has to slow down on his own. Have him reduce it slowly. Does he like wine? I drink wine and take doxepin. I tried lyrica and it did nothing for me. Lunesta is not bad. But, the key is to have him reduce lyrica, then he can try something else like lunesta. My docs have told me, a glass of wine does not hurt to help you sleep at night. I even take a valium and that helps as well. So, I alternate. Hope this helps.

Lyrica is one of four drugs which a subsidiary of Pfizer in 2009 pleaded guilty to misbranding "with the intent to defraud or mislead". Pfizer agreed to pay $2.3 billion (£1.4 billion) in settlement, and entered a corporate integrity agreement. Pfizer illegally promoted the drugs and caused false claims to be submitted to government healthcare programs for uses that were not medically accepted.[7]
    Last edited by peterf; 07-11-2011 at 04:13 AM. Reason: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he has lessened his intake but it's up and down to be honest.
    I think he's a slave to the drugs more than he is to the chair.

Hey Khaleesi.

I would say that he is a slave to the problem of chronic neuropathic pain for which he has to take powerful drugs. He has a serious medical problem - pain. The drugs help him. They are mostly good, or at least the best modern medicine has to offer.

I would say that for the past 9 years since my SCI, chronic pain has taken the forefront of each day as do the medications that I use to try to get through the day.
    arndog

that is sometimes not easy to avoid. having been on 50 mcg of fentanyl for almost eleven years, well I am dependant, though without the pain control that I once had with it. I choose not to go higher due to the consequences of consuming more.

my last neurologist appointment with a new doc, it was apparent that my refusal to go back on lyrica really pissed him off. I was guessing he gets something out of prescribing the stuff.

get this though, I was stung about 50 times when my son stepped on a yellow jacket nest. my whole body got a fever in the bones, and my joints swelled, but after that went away, I noticed I had less pain for a couple of months. both neuro pain and real pain were almost tollarable. maybe in the future bee's will provide some kind of pain relief.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    get this though, I was stung about 50 times when my son stepped on a yellow jacket nest. my whole body got a fever in the bones, and my joints swelled, but after that went away, I noticed I had less pain for a couple of months. both neuro pain and real pain were almost tollarable. maybe in the future bee's will provide some kind of pain relief.
    Hi Jody. Bee sting therapy (apitherapy) is already being used to treat MS - it's controversial, as you might imagine, but many people swear it has helped them. There's an article about it here.

Khaleesi, best wishes to you and your loved one. Neuropathic pain is something else and it's a rough road to find what works best in individual cases. And then there's no guarantee that it will keep on working. Pain becomes an unwelcome third party in relationships.

its too bad I am allergic now after my yellow jacket adventure.

we (the grownups at a BBQ) snuck around the barn to pass around a fatty, and my son saw the crowd behind the barn and came to see what we were doing. not only were we busted, most of us got stung up too. the first three days was very painful with the joints swelling. I wondered if it was the inflamation, the venom, or the endorphins from the pain and fear of being stung so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    its too bad I am allergic now after my yellow jacket adventure.

we (the grownups at a BBQ) snuck around the barn to pass around a fatty, and my son saw the crowd behind the barn and came to see what we were doing. not only were we busted, most of us got stung up too. the first three days was very painful with the joints swelling. I wondered if it was the inflamation, the venom, or the endorphins from the pain and fear of being stung so many times.
    Wow, Jody, you sure got a dose from all those yellow jackets - no wonder you're allergic now! Not the best first experience with apitherapy, for sure!

Thanks so much Arndog, it does seem from my posts that I'm actually underplaying the pain side of things and it's simply because I assume it's always there.
    He IS in pain and I don't belittle that at all because it's very real and I can't ever imagine what he's coping with.
    At the moment however he's doing really well with the lower dosage and seems to have come out of the slump he was in.
    I know a lot of it is psychological as well as pysical however as he copes so much better without the drugs when he has a distraction. It's for this reason I feel he can be TOO dependent on them.
    He's 6 months post surgery and almost 5 years post accident and it's early days for the relationship. I am taking a 3 month sabbatical from work to be with him this winter and I really hope that we can make a go of it.
    Thanks guys x

hey everyone,im a 36yrs old guy wiith a c-5 c-6 complete sci from a snowboarding accident 13 yrs ago.
    i had spasticity problems for a really long time,that led me to put a baclofen pump since i reached 120 mg/day tablets and
    it wasn't working anymore.now i take 200mcg/day intrathecal,but the neurosurgeon is gonna increase it to 400mcg/day.but my problem is neuropathicc pain.

I put a durogesic patch 25mcg/72hrs, it barely worked at the begining.i feel like my legs are on fire 24/7.i tried neurontin,lyrica... to be frank with u my physical pain is driving me crazy mentally.and to be able to sleep 4 or 5 hours at night,i smoke a joint of hash at night but my family and the dr. dont know.without it ,i cant sleep and it decreases the pain(i feel numb where the pain is).this is not a life,i stay in my room all the time plus the pain and suicide thoughts.my baclofen pump is not medtronic,
    its archimed (johnson and johnson),it works on gas not on bateries.My main question is,is it possible to add morphine and baclofen in the same pump(archimed)?and if anyone has a baclofen and morphine pumps PLEASE tell
    me anyhing u know about(dosage u put,did u have a trial morphine injection in ur spinal cord(like baclofen)??
    anything u know will be helpfull and thanks in advance........
    rabih