Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off to DC

Off to DC

Looking forward to see the ones of you going to Washington DC on Friday.

http://www.asia-iscos2011.org/

Dam Leif,

I'm going to miss meeting you again. Enjoy your time here and get the inside story for us.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

sweet, have a great trip!

Dinner and DANCE at a SCI conference? Would Irony be the appropriate term??
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

see you there. Wise.

God tur
    TH 12, 43 years post

Good luck Leif!

Thanks all and see some of you there. We are four SCIed from us attending plus ten doctors from our SCI-units and several nurses, PTs and so on. We feel it is a good thing to attend some international conferences, aside of the lectures there usually are lots of interesting people to talk to and create connections with for work and project ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    Dinner and DANCE at a SCI conference? Would Irony be the appropriate term??
    Hehe actually it is quite possible to dance in a wheelchair both for paras and quads. I’ve done it several times. I remember one time I was dancing with a paraplegic woman. The music was kindof rock’n roll or swing so the dance was a bit fast - and the woman was kindof tiny and light - so into the dance I tried to spin this woman into a pirouette by holding her in one hand above her head and spin her wheelchair with my other hand, all went fine for some time, lots of applause from others, but at one point (maybe due to all the applause) I used to much force and bang she projected out of her wheelchair due to the centrifugal forces and landed face down on the floor, ups! No one got hurt though and we received even more applause Moral of the story is, one don’t stop trying just because one are using a wheelchair. One only live one time
    Last edited by Leif; 06-02-2011 at 07:45 AM.

- Have a great trip! I'm behind you every step on the way..

And yes, I'm a quad and I dance too. (but only when I'm absolutely plastered..)
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.