Thread: Stem cell clinical trial

Stem cell clinical trial

I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about the stem cell clinical trial that they are conducting in switzerland? would it be something to consider for someone who is 6 months post injury?

I contacted them and sent in all my info a few days ago, still waiting to hear back. If I hear anything I will let you know but i think it's worth a shot to send in your info.

Thanks! Thats what I was thinking as well!

if I met the inclusion criteria, I would totally go for it
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lnyzjo View Post
    I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about the stem cell clinical trial that they are conducting in switzerland? would it be something to consider for someone who is 6 months post injury?
    I would seriously consider it too.
    The main goal is to prove safety.
    About efficacy, at best, we should expect some improvment based on animal studies results. For sure it's an important step toward a cure as we will learn important info from the trial.
    From what I know the trial will be conducted with the best scientific rigour today available.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Where is the info and contact for this trial?

Clinicaltrials.gov
    its the first trial listed under SCI's

I contacted them and provided my details (including injury date April 2007) and was sent this reply:

Thank you for your response to our trial.
    I have discussed your information with our Study Team and regret to inform you that you are not eligible for this trial. In order to be eligible, one must be transplanted within one year after the accident.
    "Wheelie Wanna Walk!"

Quote Originally Posted by lnyzjo View Post
    There has been considerable discussion about this. Please search this forum for "Stem Cell Inc." and you will find a lot of information about the trial.

Wise.

Thanks for the info!