Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dennis' Survey

There will be no support of RHI this year as donations have dwindled and the annual Wheels in Motion event is not being held for the first time in 8yrs. I hope the continued criticism on their facebook page by our European friends had nothing to do with that.

I think discussions like this divide the community.

The biggest financial pushes have come when a scientist declares he/she is onto something good ... I've been here ten years and that's my experience.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

There are tons of RHI events being planned, which ones are you referring to?

I don't see the annual Wheels in Motion event .. they are still going ahead with the 25th anniversary plans for 2012 (nation wide relay).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I hope the continued criticism on their facebook page by our European friends had nothing to do with that.
    I hope you understand how the real situation is. I hope you know it's not our criticism the first thing that started but their incompetence, arrogance and obscurantism.

They are the ones who are spoiling money by millions and saving more millions (they never wanted to explain what for), consequently letting good projects die and leaving us in our wheelchairs.

They are the ones who don't want to listen, don't accept constructive criticism and even delete our messages (until enough people read them and they couldn't hide it anymore) so they can keep their white fake smile to the donors, who sadly don't know any of this. They are too cool to admit they are rotten as it gets. I'm not accusing Rick Hansen himself, I don't know him and I'd guess he doesn't know anything about this, he's probably just a puppet now.

I hope you are not affected by blind patriotism. Organisations do get rotten, just like governments. And some of us still want to stand up one day before dying. So we must point out what's not working properly.

And BTW, some of us are still waiting for you in Skype. Don't be afraid, we can't europeanize people by skype hahaha
    Last edited by 0xSquidy; 06-05-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Guys, we are all in some turmoil with all the uncertainties of trials and sometimes false promises. I havn't seen much on Wise's plans for human trials in the States and results of phase 1 from Hong Kong. I'm thinking that the results are to be coming in June, this month, for the 7 or 8 patients currently treated. Geron's trial, as you know, was highlighted again on ABC news the other day. If we can get phase 1 results from Wise's trials released soon, more patients entered into Geron's trial, currently 2, and other trials such as StemCell inc in Switzerland, we can start to fell the cures and root out the bullshit.

keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I am not anti-cure, although I am sure some of you would classify me as such. I simply believe that a "cure" will take time and there is not a lot we can do about it. You can't make a baby in a month by getting 9 girls pregnant, you also can't get a cure for SCI tomorrow buy "making a SCI Manhattan project" or "making curing SCI a nation priority. Do I think more resources should be devoted to finding a cure, yes. Am I generally unhappy with the pace of research currently? No.
    Then very simply put, you are not anti-cure. Just because it will take time does not make you anti cure. I hope you're happy.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

You also can't get a cure for SCI tomorrow buy "making a SCI Manhattan project" or "making curing SCI a nation priority.
    So I guess the Manhattan Project and the American race to the moon were failures?????
    How did they do that???
    Oh I guess science just by coincidence built the bomb and landed on the moon within the proscribed time lines.
    Wow! I thought these were two really big things, but I guess they were just dumb luck.
    Come on! Please talk sense!
    Dennis Tesolat

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
    So I guess the Manhattan Project and the American race to the moon were failures?????
    How did they do that???
    Oh I guess science just by coincidence built the bomb and landed on the moon within the proscribed time lines.
    Wow! I thought these were two really big things, but I guess they were just dumb luck.
    Come on! Please talk sense!
    You miss my point. Those were of course successful things. If we devoted those kinds of resources towards finding a cure we would of course pull the date in but I do not think it would be from 5 years to 6 months. It would be more like 5 years to 4 years.

You miss my point. Those were of course successful things. If we devoted those kinds of resources towards finding a cure we would of course pull the date in but I do not think it would be from 5 years to 6 months. It would be more like 5 years to 4 years.
    Then we're on the same side. I'm saying about 5 to 10. Let's work together. They did the bomb in 5 and the moon thing in 10.
    Me and you are saying the exact same thing, so why are we banging heads.

PS. If we were in real life together, I'd be extending my hand at the moment. Hope you accept it.
    Dennis Tesolat

Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
    Then we're on the same side. I'm saying about 5 to 10. Let's work together. They did the bomb in 5 and the moon thing in 10.
    Me and you are saying the exact same thing, so why are we banging heads.

PS. If we were in real life together, I'd be extending my hand at the moment. Hope you accept it.
    I never thought we were on different sides. So I gladly take your proffered hand.