Thread: Juxed

Juxed

Hey guys,

A short film I recently directed titled "Juxed" starring veteran hollywood actor Sean Nelson from"The Wood", Hbo's"The Corner", and "Law And Order:Criminal Intent", was picked up by famed Hollywood actor Mekhi Phifer from "8 miles', "Paid in Full", and the tv show "E.R". We were given an online distribution deal by Mekhi. "Juxed" is now available at Mekhi's online movie theater at thirdreel.com/juxed/

To view the trailer is free, but to view the entire trailer is 99 cents. I am attempting to explore a new business model where independent filmmakers can make a living off of their films without going through the impenetrable Hollywood establishment. I'm also attempting to show the world that even though I am paralyzed, I have no limitations. I would really appreciate the support from the Carecure community. Thank you sooo much!!!!

Cool! I was just thinking about emailing you a couple days ago to ask you how your filmmaking was going.

I checked out the trailer then rented the film. Good stuff, and intense. That was filmed in and around Orlando, right? Some of it reminded me of Florida.

I'll definitely check out some of the other stuff on ThirdReel.com. I think that, like the musicians, filmmakers could benefit from technology and the internet, making money as independents and not always relying on studios for backing or distribution. On demand over the internet, either on computers or through set-top boxes like Roku, Boxee, AppleTV etc is really opening up doors for a larger audience for independent film.

I'll "share" your link on my Facebook and Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Cool! I was just thinking about emailing you a couple days ago to ask you how your filmmaking was going.

I checked out the trailer then rented the film. Good stuff, and intense. That was filmed in and around Orlando, right? Some of it reminded me of Florida.

I'll definitely check out some of the other stuff on ThirdReel.com. I think that, like the musicians, filmmakers could benefit from technology and the internet, making money as independents and not always relying on studios for backing or distribution. On demand over the internet, either on computers or through set-top boxes like Roku, Boxee, AppleTV etc is really opening up doors for a larger audience for independent film.

I'll "share" your link on my Facebook and Twitter.
    I truly appreciate that buddy!!! You know its hard for indy filmmakers to make a living, especially one in a wheelchair, but its people like u that makes it worthwhile. I really appreciate the support!!!

We did film it in Orlando. Im actually gonna take the proceeds from the online distribution deal along with investor funds and shoot a tv pilot in Orlando next month. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks.