Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What's everyone drive?

SoulScream,

Pic to show transfer height from chair to seat....

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    So, we got a c6 driver and a c5 twin turbo driver? You guys got any vids? I miss my turbo Mustang daily.
    I don't have many. Here is one from a few years ago on my mid boost setting (11psi). I was having a heck of a time hooking it up so I did a nice long burnout for this run.
    http://www.gonicd.com/videos/brycec5tt1073.wmv Right click and save this vid, its my friends site and I don't want to slow it down much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nicolasd...23/oxeYqc1XW2g Here is a vid of me racing my friends turbo camaro. We both had to hit the breaks hard so we wouldn't get kicked out.

Quote Originally Posted by BriRi View Post
    SoulScream,

Pic to show transfer height from chair to seat....
    I've been in and out of the newer gens. I rode in an instructors C6 with the paddle shifter, that was neat. I was to tall with a helmet on though and had to have my head sideways a little.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by BriRi View Post
    Bet the C4 driver above could take us both.... Don't have a video set-up yet but gotta get one soon..... Had a Viper driver spin in front of me twice at Texas Motorspeedway!!!... Looked pretty cool from my point of view.... Course I wouldn't want the Harris Hill video of a Shelby 500 AND a Camaro 2SS passing me... Gotta get faster

BTW, SoulScream, what kind of hand control/shift set-up do you have in your C4?....Been thinking about a C5 dedicated track car and they don't have the paddle shifters like the C6 so looking at options.... I like the entry/exit on C5/6s because no need to stop between seat and chair... Just put your feet out of car, put right hand on steering wheel and left on seat frame, duck your head and push up and straight into seat... one quick move.... Getting in is easier....... You just kinda fall out of your chair into the seat( kidding of course, but almost that easy!).
    I have a Wells Engberg control on there, it's push to brake and twist for accelerate. I've had brake fade and put all the power I could on it which has bent the rod. I ended up changing just about everything the installer did. It was installed with a drilled hole into the brake pedal which when you really press the brake bends the pedal. I clamped the rod on the pedal shaft instead.

Don't worry about passing there is a big mix of tires and mods at most events. Sticky slicks can make a huge difference. I've had a few rain events and those really helped me learn to drive better. Slides happen easier and at slower speeds.

The C5 uses an electronic trans so you should be able to buy or make some type of paddle or button shifter. The trans on mine is non-electronic and I had to use a mechanical shifter. I fully gutted the interior and removed all the stock shifter parts. Then put a B&M ratchet shifter in with an air ram and RPM control box. I put the shift buttons right on the steering wheel. After having to leave it in D, being able to shift is awesome!
    Andrew

Every so often I do searches on racing hand controls to see what everyone's using. Yesterday I saw this cool product from England. http://www.lapengineering.com/shiftec.php

Their fly by wire clutch control uses air to move the clutch master cylinder and a paddle on the column to control it. Pretty cool because it could be mounted on any car with enough room for it (it looks pretty big).

Quote Originally Posted by BJH View Post
    I don't have many. Here is one from a few years ago on my mid boost setting (11psi). I was having a heck of a time hooking it up so I did a nice long burnout for this run.
    http://www.gonicd.com/videos/brycec5tt1073.wmv Right click and save this vid, its my friends site and I don't want to slow it down much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nicolasd...23/oxeYqc1XW2g Here is a vid of me racing my friends turbo camaro. We both had to hit the breaks hard so we wouldn't get kicked out.
    Cool videos Bryce. How do you control your line lock? With my Chevelle I held the button in my mouth on a bungy cord and then spit it out. Also, what do you do about shifting? I had an aluminum extension made to my console shifter and shifted with my elbow.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

2008 Ford F150 has the seat elevator on both sides in case my wife wants to drive.

I got all the controls put as toggle switches on the dash, even the seat elevator. Because currently those seat elevators come with a control on a wire you have to pick up and move, but you end up dropping it lots and getting the wire caught. That is why I got them to install it as a toggle switch in the dash so i wouldnt run into that problem.

Mooner

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Cool videos Bryce. How do you control your line lock? With my Chevelle I held the button in my mouth on a bungy cord and then spit it out. Also, what do you do about shifting? I had an aluminum extension made to my console shifter and shifted with my elbow.
    I actually don't have a line lock, just power break it. I've thought about a line lock button in my mouth but just never got around to doing it. Now I don't race much any more. For the shifting I just put it in D and mash the gas. No manual shifting.

Nice Rig you've got there Mooner. Excellent idea to place your toggle switches on your dash and as long as they are within easy reach, I think that's definitely the way to go, plus it looks much cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by BJH View Post
    I actually don't have a line lock, just power break it. I've thought about a line lock button in my mouth but just never got around to doing it. Now I don't race much any more. For the shifting I just put it in D and mash the gas. No manual shifting.
    That is a heck of a burn out using hand controls and no line lock. Kudos! Nice thing with these newer cars as they do a great job at shifting at redline when you mash the gas. My old Chevelle came no where close to my shift point. Beautiful ride you have! ...not to mention how quick it is!
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982