Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Bull owner donates EUR 70 million for SCI research

Red Bull owner donates EUR 70 million for SCI research

Can some one translate in english? looks good news

http://www.marca.com/2012/02/01/moto...328091940.html

Red Bull gives you wings more. Dietrich Mateschitz, the president, owner and responsible for having popularized the famous energy drink, donate no less than 70 million euros to the hospital of the University of Salzburg in order to advance research in the fight against paraplegia.

According to governing themselves the center, is the third highest amount ever donated by a private person to a university in Europe. "We are very grateful and we are also aware of the great responsibility that comes with this sum," admitted Herbert Resch, the president.

Austrian tycoon favored not give much publicity to the issue. "It's a project with a high degree of usefulness. I will help," merely remarked.

Managers now have more than clear what to do with the 70 kilos. For now, they will start building a new building in the university area of ​​8,000 square meters. Expect to be finished in late 2013. Also, plan to have the funds covered until 2023. Thanks to the province of Salzburg contribute another 4 million to the project.

The doctors explained that, with that money, can move in four core areas to relieve paraplegia: research into stem cells, nerves, electrical stimulation and rehabilitation.

Mateschitz has always shown great involvement in these issues. In fact, in 2002, created the Foundation for Life-Wings Wings for life. This result of his close friendship with Heinz Kinigardner, former motocross world champion and KTM sporting director. Kini, as they call him, saw his younger brother and his son were paraplegic after a motorcycle accident two separate and decided to turn over to this cause.

Vettel helmets Auction
    The megapropietario makes his Formula 1 team assist you in everything you can to Wings for Life. Last season while auctioned 10 signed helmets of Sebastian Vettel and the benefits were for the NGO.

Mateschitz is considered one of the richest men in the world. Whether it is ranked 208 in the list compiled by Forbes magazine last year. His fortune is valued at almost four billion euros. It is far from another man involved in F1, Carlos Slim, who is considered the richest in the world, with no less than 56,000 million euros. Slim is involved in building a circuit in Mexico.

This is great news. Maybe the researchers over there work twice as fast with the amount of red bull in their system ok, bad joke. But again, great news.

Wings for Life is a great organization. I am very happy to hear this. Wise.

To me, this is major wastefulness and a major fail!

So they are taking all that money and using it to build a new facility and new equipment that will be ready in a couple years, instead of injecting the funds into an already existing trial.. ?

Facepalm while smh!!!
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

just imagine what wise could do with 70 mill like now? But nooooo, let's build another facility and drag this out

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    To me, this is major wastefulness and a major fail!

So they are taking all that money and using it to build a new facility and new equipment that will be ready in a couple years, instead of injecting the funds into an already existing trial.. ?

Facepalm while smh!!!
    Waste of money? Why is it a bad thing to build a bigger facility with that funding? I mean look at all the new possibilities/resources these researchers get for the next decades or maybe for the next century!

So I don't know why you would call this a major waste of money or a major fail.

je bent nieuw je begrijpt nog niet ! met de tijd wanneer je de forum door leest zal je snappen Gr, Johnnie
    keep (rolling) Walking

it is a major fail, because that money could be MUCH better spent in an existing project or research than starting yet another one that will take years to even get off the ground and begin to yield results...