Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAA to place restrictions on model airplanes

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    This is BS.

Has there been a horrific accident caused by a large RC model that has sparked this? Or is the government just trying to sacrifice more of our freedoms in the name of security?
    Mark,

I believe there was an accident in eastern Europe where a large RC plane went i to a crowd and killed several people. This was several years ago at some sort of RC show?

Just like anything else, if people are not responsible in their behavior, there will be rules and regulations imposed.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_42.../anchor/tm.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAWwe474YHk Nobody hurt as far as I know, but I would not want to be anywhere close when that thing hit.
    Last edited by Joe-MN; 05-29-2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Spelling, add links
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

wow, did i hear that narrator right? the B52 model takes off, flies and lands in nose down attitude??

i, too, actually watched a person get hurt at rc contest. all i know is the person was unresponsive. this was at an open area across from my son's soccer fields. great locale, huh?

According to my dad, who is both an avid pilot and model enthusiast, this legislation isn't going anywhere (yet). Still something to keep an eye on. Like I said, I have no problem requiring certification for the really big and fast ones, but outlawing them outright is still BS IMO.

BTW next weekend I'm going to get the chance to fly an R/C again after twenty-five years. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
    According to my dad, who is both an avid pilot and model enthusiast, this legislation isn't going anywhere (yet). Still something to keep an eye on. Like I said, I have no problem requiring certification for the really big and fast ones, but outlawing them outright is still BS IMO.

BTW next weekend I'm going to get the chance to fly an R/C again after twenty-five years. Looking forward to it.
    I do not know what you will be flying next week, or what your interests are, but there are new ones out that can be flown in garages or inside houses with open floor plans. Check out Parkzone and their Night Vapor. The Vapor is no longer available. www.ezonemag.com is a very good site for info.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.