Thread: Brain research new 'moon shot,' Patrick Kennedy says

Brain research new 'moon shot,' Patrick Kennedy says

This guy is an unbelievable fundraiser and linking neural injury and disease to the military appeals to people's patriotism.

Brain research new 'moon shot,' Patrick Kennedy says

In a push to advance brain science, luminaries from the world of health, politics, business, and the non-profit sector will gather this week in Boston to create a 10-year plan that many hope will lead to a deeper understanding of brain conditions and new treatments.
    Former U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-R.I.), son of late Mass. Sen. Edward Kennedy and the nephew of President John F. Kennedy, is co-chairman of the One Mind for Research Scientific Forum, which runs Monday through Wednesday.
    The forum, which Kennedy calls a "moon shot into the mind," launches on the eve of the 50th anniversary of President Kennedy's challenge to send a man to the moon within a decade.
    "We're trying to introduce a new paradigm bringing in the metaphor of my uncle's call-to-action for going to the moon," says Patrick Kennedy, 43, who retired from Congress in 2010. "We're trying to repurpose that branding to something I believe is equally important."...

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/...ays/47399244/1