Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: &^%(*#@$ VaN!

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Todd, I knew you weren't questioning my abilities, and on all fronts it makes no sense for me not to have a modified van, with the exception of the financial one!
    Understood.

If this is the same thing they supposedly fixed before, you have reason to complain that it was not fixed right and ask that it be fixed for free.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    If this is the same thing they supposedly fixed before, you have reason to complain that it was not fixed right and ask that it be fixed for free.
    I am going to try that route, but it was probably four years ago that it broke, so I am not sure I will not just get the now increasing comment "your van is old." It is, but I need it desperately, so it is just going to have to keep chugging along for awhile.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but my 95 Dodge Caravan seems to need a new head gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    Not trying to hijack your thread, but my 95 Dodge Caravan seems to need a new head gasket.
    Seems like it is always something, doesn't it? Bummer.....

I'm sorry to hear about your situation Eileen. I have a Ford E150 conversion van with Braun side lift in very good shape. It still run very good. It has 2 gas tanks. The only problem is one of the gas tank is not pumbing. If you live in NJ you are welcome to stop by to pick her up.
    We also have a town and country. Bought it brand new from the dealer and all I remember is problems after problems. I would never buy a dodge or a chrysler again.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
    We also have a town and country. Bought it brand new from the dealer and all I remember is problems after problems. I would never buy a dodge or a chrysler again.
    In my previously life I was a land surveyor, so the trucks were our primary conveyance. Anyone who owned a dodge truck was a source of ridicule. Their trucks would break all the time.

My caravan comes from a quad friend who left it to me in her will. It came just as my first quadmobile, a GMC was dying.

Quote Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation Eileen. I have a Ford E150 conversion van with Braun side lift in very good shape. It still run very good. It has 2 gas tanks. The only problem is one of the gas tank is not pumbing. If you live in NJ you are welcome to stop by to pick her up.
    Wow, thank you so much for your incredibly generous offer. As it stands now I have an appointment bright and early tomorrow to have it looked at. Hopefully it will get fixed again and give me at least a month or two before the next expense. Your generosity is very much appreciated.

I hope your bill is shockingly inexpensive.
    I filled and washed our van today and it was $86! Yikes!

I know it's going to cost me a couple of thousand dollar$ (and I'm talking expensive Canadian dollars ) if I want to keep the van running. I know three other peers who have vans that they can't afford to fix. Not a huge problem in Vancouver where transit is 100% wheelchair accessible. But is a huge problem if you live in a community without accessible transit.