Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lift from wall or celing for my dream soaking tub?

They had several slings to chose from. One was a shower/bath sling that had netting.
    We use the lift to get him from bed to chair and back or bed to commode/shower chair. Then we roll the shower chair into roll in shower.
    We don't use it for showers though. The hoyer lift sling we were used to works best and remove it during shower.

bump Any other companies or ideas on ceiling lifts? Are they very time consuming to get in and out of?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    http://www.bhm-medical.com/en/produc...g_lifts.v4.htm

Sue, they could configure it to your need. I was really impressed by the different pictures the dealer had of how people had their homes set up.
    Just for future info this company sold their lift product line to Arjohuntleigh. I know--long name! Still waiting for the nearest dealer to call back. We're looking at maybe 15 ft of track with one 'Tarzon swing' to clear one door way. Any ideas from anyone on a vague budget for this part? I'm still chewing my nails over what the designer/general contractor will come up with price wise for the rest of the bath renovation.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Sue - I have a open shower and jacuzzi tub with a surehands lift system. I'll send you photos offline.

Thanks Ami! Just got a call from their local dealer today. The regional guy forgot to send on my name before taking a week's vacation.. Monday at 8:30am we'll get an idea of what their lift can do and for how much. Love to see how Surehands would handle the same tasks.

Linda, I am impressed! We got a nice long visit from the distributor/installer in this area this morning. The ceiling permanent mount without the trapeze to cross the one door frame is so perfect. It is amazing as we were sure we would need that and it is what I consider a scarey and unneeded extra step. We knew a fire sprinkler might be a problem but he said it is workable but pointed out a bigger consideration. We some how managed to miss that the bath and hall has an 8 foot ceiling while the bedroom is 9 foot. Just a quick call to make sure the designer had included that in her plans and we're set. Not cheap but perfect timing for Jay to admit his back can't continue lifts. <sigh> Men!

Oh crap, I need to send you the photos Sue. What's your email? (PM or fb it to me)

Instead of a lift, have you considered one of those walk in tubs?

Nautical, a walk in would probably work going in but my legs should turn into a very nice super relaxed state after my soaks. They would be useless for helping in the reverse transfer. The BHM is in with 2 net slings and we both like how it works and it looks more like sculpture in the bathroom then anything else. In the bedroom it is still rather sleek even hanging down one foot from the higher ceiling. It still is much faster going from bed to bath then reverse but we'll get the hang of putting the sling's thigh supports back under me in the tub. We also had an extra hook added in the shower for leaving the sling to dry. Thanks again, Linda. Ami and RDF, we heard good and bad about the track Surehands. Good was that it could have the supports inside the ceiling so it looks more like Linda's picture except where the one curve is and the bad, many reported it pinches in the ribs area. The ceiling tracks aren't cheap but they are real life savers. Thanks for the help.