Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Last Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    I think I need some parameters or my post will out pace War and Peace.
    Oh just go for it Joe.

That's 1 mph faster than I took a 1988 Honda Hurricane. Indian River, Rd, a 45mph suburban road, crossing Provindence, Rd. I caught a little front wheel air. There was a cop sitting in the Texaco on the corner. I was off the bike with my helmet in my hands waiting quietly when he finally caught up with me. That's what being 17 and stupid looked like, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    In 1985, I had a Honda 750, and wanted to check the speedometer. There is a road between Waycross and Valdosta, GA that goes dead straight for about 15 miles, almost no traffic, and a mile marker every mile. I took the bike up to 120, but it took longer than 30 seconds to go a mile, so I kept upping the speed. The speedometer was registering 138 MPH before I could go a mile in 30 seconds. Scared the shit out of me later when I started thinking about a deer or rabbit bolting across the road in front of me, but it was fun doing it.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I regret not having a college education.
    You write better than many who have one. Simply being a college graduate doesn't impress me in the least. An idiot can graduate from college {Sarah Palin!} by merely passing through below average. You think most people who go to college with athletic scholarships are there because of their brain power? Of course not! They go because they can kick a ball and win a game for the fucking school.

Another observation made by Chris Rock: The majority of students are in the middle. You have the five bright students, the five idiots, and all the rest are average.

I only have one regret and that is turning right and taking another route instead of following my friends the night of my accident.

Otherwise....I got to feel 120 in a stock '69 chevelle lots of times and I did those donuts under all the redlights in our little town (my witness will tell you...he had a blast and he was jealous). Six or so years later he talked my mom out of the car so he could do his own donuts LOL and the proceeds bought a new car.

I got to drive a drag car...

I got to ride in a car and not know how fast we were going and feel the nitrous oxide kick in...

But at 20 you are invincible

I got to feel 120 in a 1989 Camaro that had just a few thousand miles on the speedometer... but post accident my need for speed was conquered and over.

A new car will never ever ride like that 69 "road hugger"... My mom could tell when I had been burning rubber because she had the only car in town that could burn dual tires. I stayed in freakin trouble. If I left town somebody called her and reported me. But everybody sleeps sometime LOL
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    I think I need some parameters or my post will out pace War and Peace.
    what do you regret (besides woman)
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Funny, I regret getting a college education. You can have mine, Linda!
    I regret not having a college education.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Funny, I regret getting a college education. You can have mine, Linda!
    Thanks rdf! I do have an advanced degree from the school of hard knocks. If we learn from our mistakes I'm a genius.
    I quit high school and left home for many reasons.

I never planned on going to college, and was doing quite damn well without it. But you can't plaster high rises from a wheelchair, ha. So when I was injured, I wheeled off to school and got a B.S. degree. I will admit I got a well-paying job because of it, but I've never made as much money nor had as much fun as when I was a plastering contractor.
    Thanks rdf! I do have an advanced degree from the school of hard knocks. If we learn from our mistakes I'm a genius.
    I quit high school and left home for many reasons.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    I only have one regret and that is turning right and taking another route instead of following my friends the night of my accident.
    Likewise. I'll always regret the many red flags unnoticed prior to my operation (even though I was a minor), and then the many missed opportunities to correct what happened as soon as possible.