Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Last Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I wish I had driven 100 mph for a sustained time. Only did it once, and it was one of the biggest rushes of my life. More pizza, more Ben & Jerry's.......what the hell, if it is our last Saturday there is no point in worry about cholesterol!
    i did 120 once, going to to rehab in 1978, was going down afton mountain and kept it going, was scared as shit
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Nanny McPhee?! bruce-you big old softie.
    yep. i like those british type comedies
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    And what are you going to do?

((i just watched nanny mcphee, and yes linda i teared up))

and what do you regret not accomplishing?
    i always wanted to hop in the van, or trike and just take off for a few weeks, no plans, just go, i've done it for weekends alot, but never for a few weeks, one day
    Ronald Reagan

I drove 95 once in Dave's truck because an elderly relative was dying in a small town nursing home. I wanted to be there.
    I wanted to see her and had no idea I was going that fast til looked down.
    I NEVER speed. The last and only time I ever had a speeding ticket was in 1977.

It's starting! The volcano in Iceland is blasting away!

You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    i did 120 once, going to to rehab in 1978, was going down afton mountain and kept it going, was scared as shit
    In 1985, I had a Honda 750, and wanted to check the speedometer. There is a road between Waycross and Valdosta, GA that goes dead straight for about 15 miles, almost no traffic, and a mile marker every mile. I took the bike up to 120, but it took longer than 30 seconds to go a mile, so I kept upping the speed. The speedometer was registering 138 MPH before I could go a mile in 30 seconds. Scared the shit out of me later when I started thinking about a deer or rabbit bolting across the road in front of me, but it was fun doing it.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Blog Entries
    In keeping with my true talent for avoidance, I will honor the imperative to answer this thread over doing the work that was supposed to be on tap for tonight. So a quick and certainly incomplete list:

I regret:
    · not going home spring break senior year to see Grandma before she died;
    · saying neither to JG in 1994 nor GB in 1988, "but don't you kind of think we belong together?"
    · wasting a college semester critical to honing my academic focus and meeting promising guys studying in Spain instead;
    · not studying bioethics or history of science;
    · holding out on Tom only to lose it to Greg on the golf course just to get it over with;
    · not saying to my day camp counselor when she called me out in dodgeball and then justified herself with a lesson to me on perspective, "Sure, but why didn't you believe me when I told you I hadn't been hit?"
    · not having connected with MF the day we ran into each other walking home enough to discourage him from killing himself;
    · wasting my months off after my surgery writing my discrimination complaint (some ignorance is just not worth exposing) rather than at least a short story;
    · listening to the skeptical ER doctor and not doing methylprednisolone;
    · and of course – not noticing that floor was wet before I went on it on my crutches, and getting in that van.

I am happy though:
    · to have been such an awkward preteen that I spend most of junior high reading;
    · to have prioritized hanging out with my other grandmother before she died;
    · that my sister did the work of giving my parents grandchildren and me the joy of my nieces;
    · to have dated Rick and realized many of my outdoor adventuring aspirations before my body quit on me; and
    · that day-to-day encounters with random people the world can make life so much fun.

And Don, in what field do you do your emeriting.?

Blog Entries
    I'm in Geosciences, got my BA in Geology in '98, a Masters in Geography in '05, and have been working on a second Masters in Geology for 6 years now. We honored 4 of our Emeretii who are all 80 this year with a luncheon in February, and one gave me an Emeritus certificate. I got injured in March of '93 and started at the local CC in Jan '94, and have been going to school ever since.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Blog Entries
    That sounds like fun! Where do you fall on the global warming ‘debate’?

Sorry, reading the thread title again I realize I missed the whole point. Of course I would spend it with "the one." We would have a dinner party with a group of our closest friends, filled with uproarious laughter, and scintillating and cleverly meandering conversation. And then after we would celebrate each other's company in every rich dimension we could find.

But of course, I haven't yet found "the one." So the world can't end. Consider it my small little contribution to humanity.

I think I need some parameters or my post will out pace War and Peace.
    And the truth shall set you free.