Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Abdominal Surgery under the lens of chronic central neuropathic pain

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It is a little better today and I am increasing my diet. For pain I am taking up to 90 mg oxycodone. I know I am going to have to pay on the other end when it comes time to withdraw off that amount. You can pay now or pay later, but you can't get around the fact that you are going to have to experience withdrawal at some point. This is when everyone who thinks I over do activity and exercise will explain to me that that was the origin of this new problem of intestinal obstruction. I do not buy into this theory. It just happens.
    This does raise my empathy to those people who suffer from Inflammatory Bowel disease or Chron's disease.
    I hope everyone is doing well and is hanging in there.

So glad to hear that it's a bit better today, and you're right, whatever it takes is whatever it takes - you can deal with withdrawal later, the point is to get some pain relief now, when you need it.

I'm glad you're feeling better. Hang in there and keep the faith...we need you to keep posting your words of wisdom!!

-Lori

I think you're better off dealing with the drug thing at the other end. You're aware of it and know you'll be dealing with it. But for right now, I think you heal better/faster when not in as much pain as you would be without it. You're between the familar rock and a hard place, and I think you have chosen wisely.

Hope you heal fast, I'm looking forward to seeing you post more when you're feeling better....

Jon...you make me cringe. I can't imagine.

I hope you get back to your fitness soon...I just can't imagine.

I am thinking of you and envying your sitski trip though

(((hugs)))
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Dang, you can't catch a break arndog. I wish for you recovery in all your problems. How's the sore on your butt doing? Has it healed?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

i just saw this arndog, sorry to hear of all this misery and pain you have been going through. Yeah worry about the oxy later, just relieve your pain now, so your body can do its healing, physically, mentally and emotionally. I hope you continue to see improvement in the pain and get well soon.

Hey , thanks everyone.
    RDF - thanks for asking about that pressure sore - yes it healed uneventfully and got replaced by other problems that made that look like a hang-nail. Interestingly, I got a sacral 'bed sore' while in the hospital from laying on my back in a hospital bed with a bad mattress and I was not vigilant with position changes. It occurred in 2 days of hospitalization - first time that has happened to me. Wow, that was humbling - that one could get a pressure sore so quickly in a hospital. So please do position shifts if you are in a hospital bed ( I should have known better, but I was so focused on my painful abdomen, I really couldn't think about position shifts.)

I managed to crutch walk one block today, and eat more. I am recovering.

Yeah, I got one of those sacral sores when first injured. It still breaks open occasionally even to this day if I lay all night on my back.

Glad to hear your pressure sore healed up. One less worry, god knows you have plenty of others. Best of luck to ya Jon.
    Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Hey , thanks everyone.
    RDF - thanks for asking about that pressure sore - yes it healed uneventfully and got replaced by other problems that made that look like a hang-nail. Interestingly, I got a sacral 'bed sore' while in the hospital from laying on my back in a hospital bed with a bad mattress and I was not vigilant with position changes. It occurred in 2 days of hospitalization - first time that has happened to me. Wow, that was humbling - that one could get a pressure sore so quickly in a hospital. So please do position shifts if you are in a hospital bed ( I should have known better, but I was so focused on my painful abdomen, I really couldn't think about position shifts.)

I managed to crutch walk one block today, and eat more. I am recovering.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

That is wonderful about your crutch walk and improved appetite! And I hope that neither the pressure sore nor the hospital-acquired sore ever plague you again. It's great to hear that you are recovering now.