Thread: Quickie P220 or P222 seat needed

Blog Entries

Quickie P220 or P222 seat needed

I got a good deal on a Quickie P220 on Ebay, but the seat is 22" wide and I use a 17" on my manual chair. I'm wondering if anyone has an old P220/220 that has a 16" - 18" seating system that they would be willing to part with the seat and back frame. Removal the standard seat and back is as simple as undoing 4 bolts under the seat. See the image for bolt locations. I'd be happy to pay a reasonable price plus shipping to not have my legs splay with the wide chair.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Donno,
    If it were me, I would call Tyler Write at Care medical source 1800-443-7091 and give him the serial number of this chair and tell him what piece you want/size and order it in the same color as your chair. The part will be drop shipped to your door and your chair will fit you properly!!! Nothing is more important than the fit!
    Best,
    Engineermom2

Blog Entries
    That was my first thought, so I checked Quickie's price on just the seat frame (#2 in the diagram), and they want $580 just for that, and I got the whole chair for $1060. I know that someone has an old P220 or 222 sitting in a garage or basement somewhere that would love to get $200 or $300 for the seat and back rather than just letting it rust away, but haven't found them yet.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Okay a couple of different ways I would solve this (in order of most likely to solve quickly to more time to solve using this method):

1). Shopping around via internet and calling for price and then by combining with another order. For instance, I order multiple yearly parts at the same time (VOLUME) as well as other medical items and then request a reasonable amount off of the Quickie suggested retail price for the total order (20-40% depending on size of order therefore $464 to $232 depending on how well you can get quotes and discounts from other on line suppliers) TELL THEMl them that you have a PRICE you need them to beat!

2). Actually contact your local Sunrise Rep and see if they know anyone in their dealer's network (aka DME's that they sell product to) that they cover that has a service shop that might have one of these parts and or chairs kicking around. 18" is a pretty standard size, so you just may be surprised.

3). Lastly is a continual scan of craigslist for another p222 for parts, taking care to make sure the serial number of the frame is within the same series as the one you need parts for.
    4.) Asking a few of the non profits that do repair work that might have a donated chair or old parts for this chair kicking around.

Please remember, as far as the good deal you got on the original chair "its only a good deal if it doesn't cause you injury, discomfort, more medical problems etc-you get the idea). When friends or family ask what you would like for some special occasion, say I would rather have 10$ towards a seat pan than a gift, dinner etc. Have a yard sale. In short do what ever is reasonable to get it to fit you and be comfortable and healthy!!

If this is a backup chair, then everything is not so critical as time is on your side! my answer would then change to using a constant craigslist scan even across US but I would still suggest contacting the Sunrise Rep for any heads up on the local DME shops within their territory.
    Best,
    engineermom2

Not sure if this is along the lines of what you are looking for but I was looking on e-bay and recalled your post:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quickie-P220-Whe...item3a66151f1c