Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the difference between lithium carbonate and lithium chloride

What is the difference between lithium carbonate and lithium chloride

Quote Originally Posted by fti View Post
    HELLO
    Wise Young what is the difference between the lithium chloride and lithium carbonate?
    une réponse please

I ask the young teacher because it gives the lithium chloride in rats and lithium carbonate in human.

What is the différence?

reply wise young please

Why do you even care? Why don't you look it up for yourself? Why don't you stop wasting Wise's valuable time with your questions?
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by fti View Post
    I ask the young teacher because it gives the lithium chloride in rats and lithium carbonate in human.

What is the différence?
    Both lithium chloride and lithium carbonate work because the active ingredient is lithium not chloride or carbonate. In general, lithium carbonate is favored as the oral drug for humans because it can be mixed with filler materials in a tablet while lithium chloride interacts with some filler materials. Lithium sulfate is also used. I don't think that there is any known therapeutic difference between them.

Please note that there is of course a difference of weight between lithium carbonate and lithium chloride. A gram of lithium carbonate has about 10% more lithium than a gram of lithium chloride. Most of the human dosing is given in mg of lithium carbonate. The molecular formula for lithium carbonate is Li2CO3 (Source) and its molecular weight is 73.891 g/mol. The molecular formula for lithium chloride is LiCl (Source) and its molecular weight is 42.394.

If you do not know the difference between lithium carbonate and lithium chloride, you should not be thinking of making your own lithium treatment. Lithium is not an innocuous drug. Its toxic dose is close to its effective dose. That is why drug levels must be determined from the serum and the dose is titrated for each person. You and others should not be taking this drug unless under the supervision of an experienced doctor who knows about lithium. Many doctors don't know anything about lithium.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 05-20-2011 at 09:39 AM.

fti: traduction de la réponse de Wise

(juste pour t'aider -- j'espère que ma traduction est exacte)

Qu’il s’agisse de la chlorure de lithium, ou de la carbonate de lithium, l'effet provient du lithium, l’agent actif dans les deux cas, et non pas de la chlorure ou de la carbonate. En général, la carbonate de lithium est préférable dans le cas d’un médicament * voie orale destiné aux humains, car on peut la combiner avec des liants pour en faire un comprimé, tandis que la chlorure de lithium peut avoir des interactions avec certaines matières liantes. La sulfate de lithium peut être utilisé aussi. Sur le plan thérapeutique, je ne crois pas qu’il existe de différence.

Il faut noter qu’il y a bien sûr une différence de poids entre la carbonate de lithium et la chlorure de lithium. Un gramme de carbonate de lithium contient environ 10% de plus de lithium qu’un gramme de chlorure de lithium. La plupart du temps, la dose pour un sujet humain est exprimée en mg de carbonate de lithium. La formule moléculaire de la carbonate de lithium est Li2CO3 (Source) et son poids moléculaire est de 73,891 g/mol. La formule moléculaire de la chlorure de lithium est LiCl (Source) et son poids moléculaire est de 42,394.

Si vous ne connaissez pas la différence entre la carbonate de lithium et la chlorure de lithium, il ne faut surtout pas tenter de formuler vous-même un traitement * base de lithium. Le lithium est loin d’être un médicament anodin, la dose toxique étant très proche * la dose efficace. En conséquence, il faut déterminer les concentrations sérologiques afin de titrer la dose pour chaque individu. Personne ne doit prendre ce médicament sauf s’il est suivi par un médecin ayant une grande expérience et une bonne connaissance du lithium. Beaucoup de médecins ne savent rien du tout sur le lithium.
    Last edited by mamadavid; 05-21-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    Why do you even care? Why don't you look it up for yourself? Why don't you stop wasting Wise's valuable time with your questions?
    im not sure I care for your tone sir.

and im interested also.

I was taking lithium carbonate when I was injured. and it was about the time I went off of it that the numbness, and burning pain began.
    My liver began to show higher counts, so I had to stop.

Iv wondered before if there were a connection, though I know nothing about it being used in sci research. I took 300 mg a day.
    the one side effect after my accident was hand tremmor that lithium made prevelent. that went away as the neuro pain grew upon discontinuing it.

But what about Lithium Orotate? That's sold as a 5 mg supplement and I've been taking two or three tablets a day. Not sure it has helped my spasticity, but hasn't hurt and it does relax me a bit.

Jan