Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Brain Injury cause brain tumors?

Thanks

Thank you for your reply, it is appreciated however after reading your post I did some research and it turns out that not all brain tumors are cancerous and I don't remember stating that he had brain cancer, so I went back thorough my Father's records which took forever to obtain and a lot of fighting with the US Marines and those records which my family had and it turns out that my father did not have a cancerous brain tumor. I also discovered that some brain tumors begin as lesions on the brain and the pressure that is sustained from the lesion being present and the tight enclosed space can cause a tumor to form... a very dangerous tumor at that.

Thanks

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    Association between traumatic brain injury and the subsequent risk of brain cancer.
    ...After adjusting for sociodemographic characteristics, the hazard of being diagnosed with malignant brain tumors during the 3-year follow-up period was 4.67 (95% CI: 1.84-11.83) times greater for those who sustained a TBI than for patients in the comparison cohort. In addition, we found an association between TBI severity and malignant brain tumor among patients with TBI (p=0.033). Our findings suggest a positive correlation between TBI and the relatively short-term development of malignant neoplasms of the brain...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22320191
    Female, T9 incomplete