Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concerns about my core...

Great thread,

hey roc, can you post your link please because some reason I can't see it, but when online at the library i do see it. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by abacoian View Post
    Great thread,

hey roc, can you post your link please because some reason I can't see it, but when online at the library i do see it. thank you

yea, you emailed me and i replied with the link, not sure why you cant see it in the signature but here you go
    http://www.squidoo.com/spinal-coord-injury-workouts

and yes, cord is misspelled, im trying to get it changed to be correct
    - Rolling Thru Life -

ty for the link roc, i didn't get a message from you, i double checked

Has anyone tried using a weighted medicine ball? You can do things in your chair, like twisting - if you move your chair against a wall, try to hit the wall on both sides. You can do this standing but only if your balance is REALLY good...
    Hold the ball straight out in front of your chest, then make figure 8s with it.
    The heavier the ball, the more challenging it will be. But you should start to feel your core muscles pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by kelrod View Post
    Early on in my recovery, my PT suggested I purchase a large plastic ball to sit on.
    The objective is to balance your self on the ball using your core muscles.

My PT also instructed me to lay on my back, knees bent with feet on the floor/matt Lift your butt off the floor and tilt your pelvis upward. and repeat as many times as you can This is a great core strengthening exercise.
    when lifting butt off the floor am I pushing down with my feet or lifting up with my abs?

I use a medicine ball as part of my shoulder routine. I use the two and three lb. ball. It will really work the little muscles in the shoulder that we have a hard time working. Especially if you grip the ball with just your fingertips. Its a great inexpensive workout.

Patrick, what do you do for your shoulder routine? I need to start something so I would appreciate as much detail as you can provide. Thanks.