Thread: paralyzed gymnast Sang Lan

paralyzed gymnast Sang Lan

paralyzed gymnast Sang Lan
    May 17th, 2011 | ethics

This just gets worse and worse.

Paralyzed Chinese gymnast adds sex abuse claims to $2 billion suit
    5/17/2011 COMMENTS (0)

May 17 (Westlaw Journals) - A paralyzed Chinese gymnast has added sexual abuse claims against her caretakers to her $2 billion lawsuit over Ted Turner’s allegedly broken promise to provide her with lifetime medical coverage.

Chinese gymnast Sang Lan suffered spinal cord injuries when her head hit the ground during a training exercise at the 1998 Goodwill Games in New York, organized by Turner. She was permanently disabled from the chest down.

In April Lan filed suit in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York against Turner, AOL Time Warner Inc., USA Gymnastics, TIG Insurance Co., TIG Specialty Insurance Solutions and Riverstone Claims Management LLC. She also sued her American caretakers, K.S. Liu and K.S. Gina Hiu-Hung.

Lan amended the complaint May 13 to add the caretakers’ son, Wilson Xue, and family friend, attorney Hugh Mo, as defendants.

read....

http://newsandinsight.thomsonreuters.com/New_York/News/2011/05_-_May/Paralyzed_Chinese_gymnast_adds_sex_abuse_claims_to _$2_billion_suit/

The link doesn't work. Here is a working link: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...JbyJ1JhBoGDxqQ

There is more detail in an article in Xinhua http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201...c_13872215.htm

I am so sorry to hear this. Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 05-18-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Shameful

I remeber watching her accident. I am so sorry tohear something like this has happened to her. WTH is going on with people now a days.

I hope she gets every penny she asks for and the CG's son serve time in hell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    WTH is going on with people now a days.

I hope she gets every penny she asks for...
    Sounds like she and/or her lawyer is suing everyone in sight. What if they decided to add you to the complaint because you saw her accident and felt sorry for you? 1.8 Billion is a ridiculous amount to be suing for. A lot of the story just doesn't add up, IMO.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

I doubt it's her; more than likely, it's the lawyers. I sure feel for her though. Getting raped by the cg's son is well dang, can't even put it into words it's so terrible. I wonder if the authorities had knowledge of this. Could be another reason for the excessive amount asked for.