Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!! Tire question

Help!! Tire question

Hey CC members, I just caught a flat on my wheelchair wheel and my brother try 2 fix the intertube but I guess made my tire worst. Where can I get my tire fix bc my brother is willing to take it anywhere 2 get it fix.

Quote Originally Posted by P.B View Post
    Hey CC members, I just caught a flat on my wheelchair wheel and my brother try 2 fix the intertube but I guess made my tire worst. Where can I get my tire fix bc my brother is willing to take it anywhere 2 get it fix.
    The best place is a bicycle shop.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    x2...
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    x3 . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

....x 4 !

x5. They may get confused at the size of your wheel. If you have a 24" wheel and need a new inner tube you need a size 540, a 25" wheelchair wheel is a 559 (this is the same as a 26" mountain bike wheel), and a 26" wheelchair wheel is size 590. These are all ETRTO sizes. If you have a narrow tire you can probably use 1" road bike tubes, where a wide wheel such as knobbies will use a mountain bike tube. Any bike shop should be able to fix your flat in less than 10-15 minutes.
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

x6....
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

Write down the numbers on your tire and call www.sportaid.com they should be able to help you identify appropriate tube sizes. I suggest you order several spare tubes in case your bike shop doesn't have correct size in stock and damaged tube is not fixable. While you are getting tubes get tire irons from sportaid as well and if I were you I would buy a compressor - if you have a vehicle one which plugs into your dash, if not a wall plug compressor. Once you have this equipment you can learn to switch tubes yourself if you have dexterity/strength or instruct family or friends how to do it so that when you have a blowout on Sunday afternoon when your bikeshop is closed, no worries.

When you take your flat to a bikeshop ask if you can watch them change the tire and that they show you how to do it with least likelihood of pinching the tube. This will help you get ready to do this yourself.

Be sure you get a couple extra tubes to have a back up for next time

Yea, extra tubes, tire irons and a tube cap with a valve remover. The tire irons should be the plastic ones not metal.