Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposed TopEnd Terminator

That is almost my chair exactly... But without the +1 and I did get the ergo-seat option which I will never go without again. The best part of the chair IMHO. I use 80 deg also but have a lot more dump then you are planning. I'm 17" rear, 21.5" front and 18" deep. Any more angle and my knees would hate me. Already after a full day, I need to stretch my legs some; but that's probably for all non-paras in a chair.

Here's the thread from my new ride. I LOVE it... http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=144369. And had it now for half a year and not a single problem (other than Spinergy's known squeaky spokes; everything else is tight and top knotch... And I've done 6" curb drops in it; even with my fat backside. Not a single creak or problem. Although I do go over it once a month for basic maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    It would be aproximately 25.5 in the drawing. I might be wrong, but if I understood him correctly, he was thinking the front of the back post.

The utility of that measurement would be limited if the end user were basing the measurement using the original CAD for their existing chair. Measurng the chair itself in its present state of configuration would provide the most useful info for comparison against any proposed wheelchair specs that appear in the drawing.
    Very true
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

SirG,
    My guess is the creaking you are hearing in your wheels is not the spinergy spokes, but rather the thumb ring from the Natural Fits is not properly secured. I have had this issue with my NF's and when I took them to a bike shop and had the tires off, we could see where one side was looser than the other. The fix was to loosen the nuts on the handrim mounts and zip tie the handrim in several places as tight as possible until all sides are mounted solid. Then tighten nuts. Once all the thumb ring was centered properly and tight on the wheel, the creaking went away.
    Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
    SirG,
    My guess is the creaking you are hearing in your wheels is not the spinergy spokes, but rather the thumb ring from the Natural Fits is not properly secured. I have had this issue with my NF's and when I took them to a bike shop and had the tires off, we could see where one side was looser than the other. The fix was to loosen the nuts on the handrim mounts and zip tie the handrim in several places as tight as possible until all sides are mounted solid. Then tighten nuts. Once all the thumb ring was centered properly and tight on the wheel, the creaking went away.
    Mandy
    Thanks, but no. I've had them all the way off; they still creak. Ever so slightly. It's barely noticeable honestly. It's just the soft thick spokes in the super-strong SLX version flexing. Probably the most common complaint of the Spinergy wheels. More noticeable with the higher-spoke count of the stronger/wider SLXs I suspect.

I've been working with the NF manufacturers about making a finger ring also to help avoid smashing your fingertips on the mounting tabs. We'll see if it grows to any fruition.

Wow. Thank you, peeps.

Responding from oldest to newest…

@Eileen: I agree that 90° might be too much.

@Brianm: the guy who did the measuring did not have plus one and, from a

TI users point of view, it certainly looked like it. Plus one looked

like plus four. The reason it came up is because of my complaint of

having nowhere to grab when leaning forward. I had your posts in mind

during this part of fitting.

@stephen212: over 6 feet. You're on my FB list. You can see the

pictures. I've got the pimp daddy long legs. Also, I do the counter

intuitive "heels higher than toes" method to keep the swelling in check.

From the back of my bum to the back of my knee is 19 inches. As to the

dump, 1.5 is half an inch more than one I have now. I have a really good

trunk. As I put two cracks in my right femur from a night of drinking in

January 2010, I gave this considerable thought. 1.5 plus the natural

sink of the cushion should be good enough. Gravity will let me know.

:-) I like the longer wheelbase, I just do not like my current number, 38

inches. Yes, completely off the wall insane. The 1970 thunderbird.

@petertan: The angle of the footrest has more to do with circulation.

Perhaps you can raise your heels a bit. How bad is the swelling?

@SCI OTR: Anything to standardize this. Every other industry has

standards. I did complain about that when I was there. It will have

zero impact on the industry. :-) I like your idea. I was thinking about

your posts on a tighter wheelbase and just extending the footplate to

deal with some protection for the toes. I worry that the one make me

prone to face plants. A big part of the reason for choosing TE is the

physical proximity. Tampa is a 3 hour trip through a part of Florida

that may be unaware of significant historical events like the ending of

the Civil War. To me, that's a smaller prize to pay than Seattle or

wherever Indian burial ground TI built their factory on. If I need to go

to version two sooner than expected, I have names and faces to talk to.

@chasmengr: 26 7/16 is on the drawing for the overall frame length.

@SirGCal: Glad we share similar profile measurements. You have a picture of how your anti-tips connect?

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    @SirGCal: Glad we share similar profile measurements. You have a picture of how your anti-tips connect?
    If I remember I'll snap one.. But they slide in a quick-disconnect right above the axle-shaft. Might be slightly better pictures on my website.

http://www.sirgcal.com/cgi-bin/galle...s/gallery/tett

Thanks. One of your pictures did have a great shot. It's on the way I thought it would be on. It was kind of a panic thought: I drove to the factory, I talked about it but did I look?

:-)

Everything is going to be okay. I think I'm going to go with the drawing without plus one on the frame.