Thread: Is the move-able disc sliding board applicable for self transfers?

Is the move-able disc sliding board applicable for self transfers?

I am gaining strength back and I am considering alternative sliding boards. I have read several post about different boards. Does anyone have any experience with the movable disc type?

I have a c5/c6 injury level, strength is progressing and balance is always an issue but balance gets better with practice and knowing tone. Any suggestions?

you mean the beasy board, i've had 1. they are heavy n are shit
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I agree. The Beasy Board is VERY HEAVY, and not all that easy to place. It also has a significant risk of catching skin (esp. scrotal skin) in the track if you are using it bare butt at all. It is also more difficult to balance with it than with a regular slide board.

(KLD)

Thank you both for your input. SCI-Nurse, you scared me away at scrotal skin.

Quote Originally Posted by leothelion View Post
    Thank you both for your input. SCI-Nurse, you scared me away at scrotal skin.

I have used a Beasy board in the past. When I broke my left femur and was in rehab, I used one to easily transfer from my chair "up" to my bed. It was very easy this way as all I had to do was grab a monkey bar and pull. I did, however, have assistance placing the board. The last time I used it, about a year ago, was difficult to place plus having to get on the moving disc. If needed now, I use a plastic/composite board which is much more stable. (I always transfer by myself.)

Good luck.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

This is what I use. It's called a Ultra Slick transfer board, costs about $60, and is far cheaper and easier than the Beasy Board

http://www.ultraslick.com/UltraS.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    This is what I use. It's called a Ultra Slick transfer board, costs about $60, and is far cheaper and easier than the Beasy Board

http://www.ultraslick.com/UltraS.htm
    Thats what I use and it works great. I think I called when they were having a promotion because I got mine for $40 bucks.