Thread: Help finding a sample caregivers contract

Help finding a sample caregivers contract

Hi,

My wife just came home from the hospital after suffering a massive left-brain stroke on Feb 18th. I have a caregiver in the house when I'm at work, helping her with activities of daily life and mobility. We also have in-home rehab.

Since this is our "new normal" and her recovery will be slow, I have discovered that I am an employer and that I have tax liabilities. That seems pretty straightforward, but what I don't have (and can't find on the internet) is a contract with her caregiver that protects my wine and me, and the caregiver.

Does anyone have a sample caregiver employment contract that I can use as a starting point? That would be a big help!

Thanks for helping a noob!

John O

Quote Originally Posted by John O View Post
    Hi,

My wife just came home from the hospital after suffering a massive left-brain stroke on Feb 18th. I have a caregiver in the house when I'm at work, helping her with activities of daily life and mobility. We also have in-home rehab.

Since this is our "new normal" and her recovery will be slow, I have discovered that I am an employer and that I have tax liabilities. That seems pretty straightforward, but what I don't have (and can't find on the internet) is a contract with her caregiver that protects my wine and me, and the caregiver.

Does anyone have a sample caregiver employment contract that I can use as a starting point? That would be a big help!

Thanks for helping a noob!

John O
    Hello "John O,"
    Welcome the the Care Cure Community. I am sorry to hear that your wife suffered a stroke. I'm glad that she is home and I wish both of you well.
    Much has been written on this website about caregiver responsibilities and caregiver contracts. I would suggest using the search feature on this site (search criteria: "caregiver contracts") You will find a number of threads with pertinent information. A member named "Zillangel" has a contract template that she will send to you if you send her a private message.

All the best,
    GJ