Thread: What is care giver in your country?

What is care giver in your country?

Do you know that, I haven't heard about care giver in my country.

The doctor usually suggest a patient to employ a maid from maid agency to take care them. Even the nursing home or old folk home also employ maid.

I hear about Independent Living in Western countries. Other than Independent Living, what care giver you're employ in your country?

well, here a maid scrubs the bathroom and vaccumes the rug, and a care giver, helps you eat, dress, bathe, get to the dr, or what ever the care plan is.

it doesnt have to be a nurse, and can be a private person not working for an agency, and someone you train yourself.

your person did not come back?

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    well, here a maid scrubs the bathroom and vaccumes the rug, and a care giver, helps you eat, dress, bathe, get to the dr, or what ever the care plan is.

it doesnt have to be a nurse, and can be a private person not working for an agency, and someone you train yourself.

your person did not come back?
    She was back for another year.

I'm consider to differentiate between the maid and care giver in my country. I think it's a need to have a care giver agency for PWDs/patients/old folks instead of maid agency to provide a more quality services. The care giver must be train with knowledge and skills on how to take care PWDs/patients/old folks before they go to service.

Quote Originally Posted by kimsoon84 View Post
    I'm consider to differentiate between the maid and care giver in my country. I think it's a need to have a care giver agency for PWDs/patients/old folks instead of maid agency to provide a more quality services. The care giver must be train with knowledge and skills on how to take care PWDs/patients/old folks before they go to service.
    Kimsoon -
    You are correct. A caregiver agency first needs to find people who enjoy helping others and who are absolutely honest and trustworthy. That's the hard part, and it will take some work to find them. After that, they need training.
    Perhaps you have found yourself a good business opportunity!