Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brooke Ellison Interview after 8:00 pm Sat May 14 at Rutgers and Honorary Degree

Wonderful interview Wise.

You have a very thoughtful interview style. This is the second interview I've seen you do, the other being with Dr. Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Wonderful interview Wise.

You have a very thoughtful interview style. This is the second interview I've seen you do, the other being with Dr. Carson.
    Chick,

I was very lucky to have been able to interview such articulate people.

Brooke is a remarkable and unique woman. She is genuine, humble, mature, caring, and respectful, a truly amazing mixture of personality traits. Her Harvard training showed in her consistent use of the understatement and careful avoidance of hyperbole. She doesn't shove her opinions down your throat. She laid facts down gently so that they stared at you until you could not ignore them. Her discussion of the stem cell field is a good example. She started by joining her opinion with many others in the field, giving praise and high expectations. But, she skewered Obama when she pointed out that he had done less than his mandate gave him the power to do. It didn't matter whether you agreed with her on embryonic stem cells or not. What she said was true.

Her humility was ever-present and real. She is well aware that Christopher Reeve left enormous shoes to fill but, in my opinion, she has become a better and more effective spokesperson for spinal cord injury research than anyone since Christopher. I believe that she will light the fire under the feet of scientists, turn lightbulbs on in Congress, and raise public support for both care and cure of spinal cord injury. We need to provide her with a public platform and the honorary degree from Rutgers is just a small step in that direction.

Wise.

Wonderful Interview!

Thank you, Wise, for posting this interview. It was wonderful to listen to two of the most compassionate people in the country (maybe even the world!) talk about stem cell research, policies and legislation to make things happen for people with spinal cord injuries. Thank you for all you do........always and continuously.............
    Cynthia

I loaded the video of Brooke's honorary degree ceremony at Rutgers. Over 60,000 people watched.

Here is an older story of Brooke when she graduated from Harvard.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 05-18-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Dr Wise Young everything about her is glorious and I thank you for sharing what you did
    How beautiful
    Sincerely ; GL

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    Dr Wise Young everything about her is glorious and I thank you for sharing what you did
    How beautiful
    Sincerely ; GL
    Judy, you are of course very welcome. Wise.

I finally got a chance to watch the interview... LOVED IT!

Brooke helps to push the bar even higher regarding what someone with even high-level SCI can accomplish!

Inspiring.

Bill Miller
    Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.