Thread: Shipping costs?

Shipping costs?

I need to ship a pair of wheels and I'm being quoted $100. Is this normal or am I missing a way to ship cheaper?
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

Blog Entries
    Waaayyy too much! US Mail will be under $30. Be careful to make the packaging thick enough to protect the push rims - a layer or 2 of bubble wrwp works great.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Is this shipped in a box or just wrapped in something?
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

have u not went to the post office or ups and even checked, who quoted u 100 bucks to ship 15 pounds..........

Blog Entries
    A box would be more secure and better protection, but you could wrap each wheel in bubble wrap, and then more around the outside. Go over the whole thing with that packing stuff that looks like saran wrap - really light and good protection.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

I use all my old grocery bags as padding. Those and news paper. Crumple them, shove in box, they grow and fill the box.
    Was the $100 for someone else to box it up too.

Ended up shipping them with UPS for $47...using my box. Still seems like a rip off but I couldn't get it any lower.

Wow, I just shipped some via UPS ground for 27 bucks.

It took about 60 bucks last time I shipped wheels. The fuel surcharge and distance matter a lot. Luckily we had a nice guy helping us and brought it down from 80 (would have been oversized).