Yes, I have tried Muscle Milk.

The Bad:
    1. High in calories (195 per serving)
    2. High in fat (9 grams per serving), 2.5 of which is saturated
    3. Cholesterol is 50 mg
    4. High in sodium (125 mg per serving)
    5. Low in fiber (1 gram per serving)
    6. Sugars (2 grams per serving)
    7. Price is a little high - $1.67 per serving ($24.89 for 15 servings)

The Good:
    1. High in protein (25 grams per serving)
    2. Lots of vitamins

umm, they make Muscle Milk Light...

150 Calories per serving
    0 trans fat 1.5g saturated
    Fiber 2g
    Sugar 3g
    cholesteral 10g

2g of sugar per serving is phenomenal, that's not bad. Your avg's tiny yogurt has 15-20+g of sugar, depending on what you buy. The drinks are high in sodium, but so isn't gatorade, Check out the amount of potassium in each drink. The light has 740mg per serving!!!

If this is expensive for some, buy in bulk like I do, Sam's club or Costco has them.

Thanks.

I prefer real food over supplements so to get my protein I have 3/4 cup 0% greek yogurt, with a handful of sliced almonds and a tsp of honey stirred in. Which is about 20 grams of protein.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2 View Post
    I prefer real food over supplements so to get my protein I have 3/4 cup 0% greek yogurt, with a handful of sliced almonds and a tsp of honey stirred in. Which is about 20 grams of protein.
    That's the ideal - the smart and most nutritiously balanced way (^ just as an example).

As Emi describes, you can easily get 20 grams of protein in your regular diet. And by getting that protein from a variety of food sources, you also get the benefits of other nutrients your body needs. If you're feeling sluggish, just adding more calories via protein supplements is likely going to make you feel more sluggish, not to mention getting fatter.

If you feel low on energy, up your activity and get your metabolism going (yea, hard, cuz you have no energy to move, but need to move to have more energy...).

Take a real good and honest look at what your diet entails - what junk and empty calories are you eating that may be contributing to your lack of energy? What does your body need more of that can be had from making simple changes to your diet, eg. fruits, veggies, etc.?

Unless you're unable to eat, having become nutritionally deficient and getting emaciated, and/or healing a wound, excess protein doesn't serve much of a purpose except making you fat IF you aren't burning up those extra protein (and fat) calories. Excess protein can be toxic and harmful too, putting stress on your heart and in particular your kidneys. You can damage your kidneys and become very dehydrated, which in effect can cause you to LOSE muscle mass and bone calcium (what little we have left after sci).

Quote Originally Posted by ineedmyelin View Post

AllenRIDES,
    thank you to, my mother recently bought me a bottle of centrum multivitame for men, i just gotta learn to take my vitamine everyday, easier said than done for me, i dont like pills.
    your right about working out, its a tough thing for me to do but i've reached the point that i have to do something.
    I understand, every little bit helps though! If you eat a diet high in proteins (if you can health-wise) then your body will be predisposed to creating muscle so even a little workout will have good results over time. Best of luck and remember to be patient as you begin your workouts.