Thread: Problem with Chin Ups

Problem with Chin Ups

I can do a chin up without any problems but my backrest sticks in my back as my chair comes up with me. What can I do to alleviate this problem?
    Never Give Up!

I put my feet on the ground inside the foot rest. That way no weight on the chair and it can't get away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    I put my feet on the ground inside the foot rest. That way no weight on the chair and it can't get away from me.
    That's a great idea but I can't bend my legs back like that. Maybe I could tie a theraband to the foot rest and loop it to the top?
    Never Give Up!

Can you set your feet to the outsides of the chair? The idea is to get your feet off the foot rest somehow.
    Might be able put a block of wood or some books under the foot rest so it can't go down if you can't get your feet on the floor.

when ya get really strong, you can tie yourself in the chair and do chinups. the added weight really stretches the lower back as you pull up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    when ya get really strong, you can tie yourself in the chair and do chinups. the added weight really stretches the lower back as you pull up.
    I do chin ups in my chair. I buckle myself in and when I pull my chair off the ground, it usually digs into my back. I tried it again today and there wasn't any discomfort. Maybe it was just that one time. I love the stretch I felt today. I'm waiting for my Inversion Chair to really stretch my back!
    Never Give Up!