Thread: Back to Work

Back to Work

I am looking to go back to work in my Field. I was wondering about the transition of being out then back to a corporate enviroment does anyone know the pitfalls, recommendations on amking it easier..Any feedback is appreciated thanks.

My mind is being warped from internet and television..I need to stimulate my brain,, Sodukos dont do it no more..I am an analytical type of guy(engineering background), so a lil geeky too.

Thanks
    Appreciate the small gains and the large ones will be ignored!!

how long have you been off?

I had been in hospital/rehab 4 months and then spent the next 9 months doing very little (other than learning the gimp life). It was easy to go back to work, switched bowel routine to late night and showered in the morning. If you worked in an office environment it should be easy, especially if you can go back with people you know.

For me because I knew what I was doing and did not dwell on the chair so no one else did either, they treated me as an equal and were glad to have me. It really makes their little problems seem very trivial.

Get out there and be yourself, you'll be amazed at how your brain comes back to life. Mine did. Don't forget to take care of your body first though.

Pretty much what Tooley said.

In fact, most companies will go to great lengths to make you feel comfortable.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    What is your field?
    Chemical Engineering

been out since Aug 2008

If you're asking Warren then it's time to get back to work. It'll make you alive and productive again buddy. Go for it, we need guys like you in that field.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    If you're asking Warren then it's time to get back to work. It'll make you alive and productive again buddy. Go for it, we need guys like you in that field.
    Thanks Pat appreciate the kind words..was blessed wit resume request from colleague yesterday.

Hey Warren think positive, be positive and go ahead. All the best for your bright future

Hey Warren, just braise yourself and go for it. You'll never know what the barriers are until you start working.
    Just like you, I felt crappy for waking up late, and bumming around. Finally went back to my industry but in a different company and I have been working since October 2010. To make matters worst, my office toilet was not friendly but I worked around it.

People around you will not know how to help or assist as they are not familiar with our situation. So depends on how much you want to share with them.

My advise to those going back to work is "Plan". You need to plan ahead, bowels, catheterizing, etc needs to be planned so that it minimize work disruptions. An understanding employer helps as well as 'accidents' do occur and you have to 'excuse' yourself to head home.

Geting to work on your own is a different matter altogether. So if you have any form of assistance, all the more reason why you should. And it feels great to be back in the workforce.

Good luck and all the best.