Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: what you should not be posting

I believe the difference between a guy selling Jack Daniels at an AA meeting and a person talking about suicidal thoughts on this forum is obvious, Peter.

If a person insists on selling alcohol at a meeting for recovering alcoholics, he's clearly not there because he needs or wants help with his own alcohol problem, assuming he even has one.

But you are here because you're looking for help, and so are the vast majority of the people who talk about things you don't want to hear on these boards. The only difference is that you are looking for a different kind of help than they are.

I, for one, expect adults to take care of themselves with respect to avoiding situations, places, support groups, social circles, media broadcasts, websites, and people that cause them pain and suffering. Your false analogy craziness, not withstanding.

Why would you get upset at people for going to an AA meeting to speak anonymously about alcohol?

This place was founded on caring for the challenges of living with and working toward a cure for people with a spinal cord injury and you expect there to be no posts about this?!?!?

Craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    Well this is my last post on this thread it's turning into a hit me hit you back drama something i wish to avoid as, it diverts away from the main issues i brought up which are as follows. Many people affected by SCI, including me are subjected to depression, and illogical rationale stemming from desperation for a cure. In other words if some one tells you to tone it down or don't advert, bells, teachers and jack daniels in AA meetings is he/she not right to do so, or would you say it's a free world if they can't control thier urges it's their problem i have a right to sell or view my product anywhere. If a religious fanatic gives you instructions how to behead an american or jew and says that this act is holy could he be let off for his freedom of speech or argue that he did not actually send someone to do this. Well i disagree, the postings of harming oneself, suicide, hyper inflated cures by snake oil clinics should be avoided on these forums or at least tonned down for the reasons i have mentioned above. An example of how and what people post as regards SCI cures can be found above, saying beforehand How a country will surely win in the euro vision crap festival, solidifies my argument. Norway did not even qualify nevermind win.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Peterf, i think everyone here hopes for a cure. i do especially for the young that have there whole lives ahead of them. i dont thinks it healthy to expect a cure anytime soon.
    i'm 45 so i know even if they found a cure tommorow i would never be a canidate. so i dont read alot on cure. i kinda look at my situation as a challenge, trying to figure out how to get most out of the time i have. focus on the positive.

??????
    Feisty
    sometimes its best to retreat in this battle and return when you have learnt proper english grammer
    Save this post for the Hall of Fame.

I want to know, touch and see people like me to tell me that there is still a life after the chair not false hope, death and despair
    What's copping a feel have to do with it?

People come here because we understand the realities of SCIs. We speak honestly and frankly about things like suicide and sex. We do not cover up issues and try to run from or gloss over reality. Sadly, very few health care professionals are knowledgeable about and understand sci and can effectively deal with these issues. CC fills that void.

There are numerous "inspirational" stories by/about SCIs on the Internet and in libraries. A CC member has some on line. http://takeonlifenow.com/. Check around and you can find those messages if you need them.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Thanks for the link 55. And you are absolutely correct. CC fills a void.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Save this post for the Hall of Fame.
    oh the irony, right?
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Smile

We each, individually, must find coping metheds for the twists and turns in the road of life. Often the talk of death, dispair, and suicide is someone seeking help from the otheers here. They are searching and asking,and finding solice among freinds...and often this is the only place they feel the safety to talk freely. Others cling to the hope of a cure not far off, eventually, settling into accespance and thrust forward in life, while continuing that hope for a cure, while accepting SCI or other disability. Each of us, just like at a party or gathering seek out conversations that fulfill our needs/wants at the time. I go to a forum, scroll through the threads, and read or join the conversation that fits my needs/wants. We all have our individual needs, wants, and preferences. That is what is so great about this site. And I can select deferent readings from diferent threads and forums that interest my mood that day. My needs, wants, and preferences may be very diferent from yours.....that is what makes Carecure so great. We ech can speak about what we want at any time on ANY topic....its there for us to look at or NOT look at, its our choice....and we are welcomed readily.
    Disability is not a medical problem with social issues, but rather a social problem with medical issues.
    Franklin D. Rosevelt