Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Politics and econimics or morals?

Politics and econimics or morals?

THEY THROW THESE CELLS IN THE GARBAGE. What the hell is going on?

Is it morals or is political and economic self interest that is delaying crucial medical research.

Senator Bill Frist (Republican) Tenn. Said today he was against human cloning. Why do these politicians consistently use deception to mislead people? Human cloning and therapeutic medical research cloning are two entirely different issues. Ninety percent of us are against human cloning. These issues should be voted on separately. These political flim flam men use human cloning issue to vote against therapeutic medical research cloning, thereby covering their collective asses. And, they want to lock us up if we go oversees for a cure or if
    medical breakthroughs are imported?
    WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, THEIR TALKING ABOUT JAILING MEDICAL DOCTORS AND RESEARCHERS.
    A small percentage of these politicians are against therapeutic cloning for moral reasons,
    the rest are pandering to their political base, the religious right wing of the republican party or the anti abortion lobby.
    Is this politics and economics or is it really morality? I believe its hard ass politics and I truly wonder if money and our economy are reasons they want to delay this research?
    A lot of people suffer finanancially if we are all walking five years from now.
    How dare these people include criminal penalties in this bill? Are these the same religious folks who in the name of God fly airliners into buildings? Are these the Jim Bakers and Jimmy Swaggerts or the one that is now trying to undue the terrible wrongs of the last fifty years in the Catholic faith?
    This is a life and death issue for us, this research must be allowed in the U.S. Contact your two Senators and your congressman and tell them you will vote against anyone who votes for a ban on therapeutic medical research cloning.
    Bill M.

I agree

Bill,

I couldn't have said it better. I believe Bush believes he is God.

Deb

I am constantly amazed at how many decisions are being based on religion. Here I thought there was something called seperation of church and state

Life is a lesson you learn when you're through.

BillM, -This is not a forum for

political discussion. Btw, econOmics is spelled with an "o".

Please take it to the Life forum if you want to debate religion, politics.

Let's keep this forum CURE focused.

Deb7, c'mon you know and can do better than some of your recent commentary. Show your intelligence and maturity.

Onward and Upward!

[This message was edited by Chris on Apr 10, 2002 at 07:05 PM.]

[This message was edited by Chris on Apr 10, 2002 at 07:06 PM.]

Come on Chris

Chris,

How can this NOT be cure related. Unfortunately, it is our President that made this a political issue.

Deb

BTW Chris

I am showing my intelligence and maturity. If we aren't careful we are headed to a police state.

I don't need a lecture from you Chris so keep the TONE out of your lecture to me.

Deb

Chris the moderator

This article is cure related, this research can lead to cures. Boy, you manage to insult every one. Keep it up, you will chase everyone from the forum. I have been posting on the issue of
    esc research on the research forum for over a year.Politics and research are closely linked.

BTW: I type with one finger because of my SCI,I
    dont need lessons from you about spelling.

I agree

Chris,

You sound very condescending in your post to Bill M. and Debbie. Bill is commenting on a research issue. In fact you sound like the extreme right wing trying to shove your morals and views down our throats as if they were the only one's that count! And, to criticize some one on this forum, made up of many quads, for spelling errors....that takes the cake!! I don't truely know you but from reading your posts in the past, I just wouldn't have expected that kind of tone from you!

Maceyka

im with you guys. these politicans aren't paralyzed so im sure they could care less if we rott forever in these chairs. but what good is this research, if researchers won't apply it. our good pal, brownback, was bragging about how therapies for alzheimer and parkinson is working well. these are the same transplant we post on this forum. so why is it ok to transplant in the brain, but hell no to transplant in the spinal cord?

we cant keep ignoring this....unless years in the chair is your wish.

Members

I have been fighting for cure research and raising money for cure research for twenty years.

I purposely try to spur our members into action by posting topics that will inform and incite.
    This is not a social club for boys, it is a life and death struggle. We must use politics to help us, politics and research effect our lives.

Chris, check out my spelling.
    (Give me a break)