Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much crap do you...

How much crap do you...

have on your chair? I notice a lot of people try and get the lightest chair possible, e.g. titanium, carbon fiber, spinergy wheels, etc. I myself have a TiLite TR. However, I can't help but carry all sorts of stuff with me. I have 2 pouches underneath, one for the wallet, keys, pocket change, and cell and the other for tools, tubes and a small hand pump. I also have a backpack for meds, medical supplies, snacks, glasses, and other misc. junk. I believe I've narrowed it down to the basic essentials but swear it must be another 10 lbs. I know that if I leave the bag with tools at home, fate will intervene and something will break down. Do you carry this much?

Yeah pretty much! All that plus a bunch of intermittent cath kits.
    Andrew

I carry a small bag with cath stuff + wallet + pen + iphone. That's it. If I lived in a big city & didn't use my car to get around, I might carry more. Spare tubes / tools / etc are in the car.

I just carry in a pocket i`ve got in the seat my wallet, phone, keys,pen and a razor knife.

Wallet, phone, keys, favorite pocket knife in a Case Logic carrier on the left frame down tube. I have a small backpack in the car with spare tubes and tools to change tires and catheters. I don't carry that stuff with me, but it's never far.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Like others,

Wallet, phone, keys, small folding multi-tool, in one pocket of an Advantage small Down Under bag. Four 700ml Coloplast hydro bag caths, and 4 gloves in the 2nd pocket.

Backpack in van with more caths, tools, and other crap. I used to carry the backpack on back of chair but learned I hardly ever needed to get in it. And it weighs a ton.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Pouch under the seat with - wallet, phone, keys, pen. If and only if I figure I am going to need the back pack I have a portable cath, multi-tool, tire repair kit. (I have a spare tube and tire in my van along with a pump) touch wood I have yet to need them.

Bag with bike tool (wrenches, pliers etc), wallet, pen, gum, sunscreen. Cooler with ice packs to regulate my temp in the summer. Any less equipment and I start to freak that something bad will happen. Crazy but true.

I don't have anything attached to my chair other that neoprene frame guards and calf strap. Everything else goes in my messenger bag.

I don't carry anything with me such as tools. I'm not that hard on my chair, so its very unlikely that something will break. 25 years being in a chair and I've never owned a backpack. Cath stuff fits in my purse.