Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XCell closed down by Germany gov.

Controversial stem cell clinic closed

One of the largest and most controversial stem cell clinics in the western world has closed. The XCell-Center at the Institute for Regenerative Medicine, based in Germany, ceased operations on April 21, due to what the Center claims is “a new development in German law”. In October 2010, the UK’s Daily Telegraph reported that the XCell-Center was operating in Germany under a regulatory loophole. (For those looking for more detail on the EU and German legal framework governing regenerative medicine, see this summary.) It would now appear that the German authorities have evaluated the Center under more rigorous rules.
    A quote of what the link leads to would be nice

There is nothing controversial about stem cell research.

Not really suprised
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Thank God, the German gov has seen the light, this clinic has hijacked the internet with patient testimonials, scammed patients dry, and not produced one single ounce of scientific evidence. I feel sad that people on this forum have been dupped into this sad situation.When reading clinic testimonials
    use wisdom over desperation

Peter f

The saddest part of this is that stem cell therapies have proven viability in other types of treatment. This bad publicity simply discredits the whole filed and people (and governments) will be less willing to contribute to the wider field of research.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

interesting. I faced many poeple tinking of going there, they were partly convinced by the fact that this center is allowed to opreat in Germany. so: game over.

she must feel so bad! why are they doing this to people! for money!

Mum of autistic boy 'in shock' over stem-cell centre closure

By Edel O'Connell

Monday May 09 2011

A MOTHER who raised more than €30,000 for experimental treatment for her autistic son is "in shock" after the controversial centre where he received his treatment was closed down.

Deirdre O'Dwyer's eight-year-old son Evan suffers from a rare neurological disorder which means the left side of his brain has failed to develop properly.

Evan, from the Commons Road, Cork, also developed severe epilepsy and autism as a result of the disorder.

His mother took him to Germany last week to undergo stem-cell treatment at the XCell Centre in Dusseldorf.

However, the centre -- which offers unlicensed treatments -- has closed after being ordered to cease operating by German authorities.

"I am very frightened now," said Mrs O'Dwyer, who felt the centre gave her son a "chance" by offering treatment he could not get elsewhere.

"I need to know exactly what happened here. We just wanted our son to have the best possible chance," she said.

The German centre claims its technique for stem-cell transplantation has had success in treating 17 different diseases, including cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, autism and spinal-cord injuries.

read...

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...e-2641128.html

Sad News of XCell Centre Closure

I'm really sad to hear that the wonderful XCell Centre has closed as my Son with Cerebral Palsy had a very successful treatment there back in 2009. It's May 2011 now and the first signs of success took about a year to manifest, and things just keep getting better. We didn't document it because I never owned a camcorder, but I read the negative reviews too, and believe me, they are just that.....negative!

Quote Originally Posted by KarenofSydney View Post
    I'm really sad to hear that the wonderful XCell Centre has closed as my Son with Cerebral Palsy had a very successful treatment there back in 2009. It's May 2011 now and the first signs of success took about a year to manifest, and things just keep getting better. We didn't document it because I never owned a camcorder, but I read the negative reviews too, and believe me, they are just that.....negative!
    X-Cell could have simply published scientific data. Is it that hard to publish data when you charge $000s for a therapy? If they did that the "negativity" would cease. But, they refused to. And therefore you have to question their efficacy and ethics. They treated 1000s of patients annually without contributing a single shred of data to the scientific community - is that ethical?

Dr Kleinboesem is probably enjoying his yacht, Ferrari and villa in Monaco as we speak plotting the next incarnation of X-Cell or Cells4Health in Europe.